The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 38

Asdfghehhah. I know whats about to happen, but I still want to see the demon lose face in the trial.

Dex-chan lover
I still hope she attempts to kill the marquess in court with her powers.

she's not going to survive to see next day if that crazy father brings her back even for a mere day x-x

amj

Dex-chan lover
partly torn bc 3 chapters at once, but also c l i f f h a n g e r!!

Contributor
Just cause I could not deal with a cliffhanger like this I had to look into the raws. Here is what I can get from them so far just using google translate. Spoilers for the next few chapters.
Konrad comes in and asks if he can give his testimony. Father freaks out and says no outsiders. Konrad then asks if he can simply test her with holy magic again. Father thinks it's fine as he cursed(?) her and it should still hurt. Konrad takes the curse onto himself and she appears fine. He makes up a story saying the high priest was too powerful and overpowered her. Father has nothing left and loses the case.

Dex-chan lover
I am deeply upset because those evil chains CAN'T not get used, but I really want this to come crashing down on this fucker's head.

Looks like the Sperado family is gonna take a hit even if they "win" though. Losing the royal connections they were trying to cultivate.

I saw the multiple chapter release and had hope that the entirety of the trial would be contained therein, as a sort of Christmas gift of no cliffhangers. No such luck but the bulk release is DELIGHTFUL.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, we starved, tortured and attempted to burn her alive.

But Your Honor, the holy man twitched! And the girl twitched as well! We can't tolerate such atrocity!

Dex-chan lover
@CivD666 That would be terrible. Despite all the horrible things he has done and the evidence he has done them, people in power tend to think of themselves first. A Sperado child being taken in by the Salvatore house is one thing, the other nobles would likely not care all that much and allow it. A child with actual power however is a whole different matter. If they learn of her power you have the threat of them choosing to undermine the Salvatore house because of fear. There may be enough fear that they would be in favor of sending her back to Sperado if only to keep the Salvatore's from gaining more power.

Revealing her true value as a chess piece is a dangerous move. Enough power to threaten her fathers life would make her a tipping point in the political machinations going on in this empire. No one there would likely want the Salvatore's to gain such power.

Thanks for getting most of the trial out in one big chunk. You even selected an excellent moment to pause at.

In regards to the trial I was kind of expecting/hoping for a bit more maneuvering to happen during it. Sperado came out like a raving madman from the get go and I can't help but feel like the sudden uncle with the exact same life experiences as Leslie coming out of nowhere felt like a bit of an asspull. I think I was just hoping for more I guess since it had such a long buildup to it, but at least it's fun to watch Sperado squirm.

thank you for the massive updates.
sigh, how much cruel can he get?! From his siblings to his daughter, doesn't even deserve to be called father.
I teared up when the uncle recalled those cruel memories 😢

Users who are viewing this thread