The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 38

Aggregator gang
Honestly, a part of me is glad that Leslie has a living relative who sympathises with her plight and loves her - even though he doesn't know her! - to the point of gathering his courage for her, instead of believing all the previous sacrifices helped her live for revenge.

Thanks for all the chapters, I'm so excited to learn what will happen next!

Dex-chan lover
Possibly Leslie reacted to the divine power because direct opposite to hers? light vs darkness? That or like @onipuck and priest did something to her. Confused to why the priest has a vendetta against her...Though the priest could be a fanatic.

@Micro

it's clear from one of the last pages that it's because she's the Queen's pawn. Or she was just told the girl could use dark magic and she's doing it because of that.

@darasu Thing is she had a similar reaction when Konrad used his Divine power on her later. Ofc maybe the Priest did something and now all Divine power going to act that way for the moment. Either way I think Konrad going to be crucial to dispel this last 'evidence' against the Salvatore family.

@Junnssu @chris_dftba It's possible that he becomes the new marquee Sperado. If Leslie's father loses his title alongside his family and Leslie becomes a Salvatore, the uncle technically becomes the only heir of the title.

@StandardInfantry

yeah, that's what I thought too. Either it's a natural reaction to her dark attribute (I remember something about Konrad being perfect to neutralize her powers if needed because of the Light element), or she was cursed in a way that would react to divine attribute. But as to why she's doing that, 100% because of the Priest being on the Queen's side

Dex-chan lover
aah, man, i thought those chapters would conclude the trial. thanks anyways though, obviously. and i don't mind that Trash being trashed hard, longer, either.

Dex-chan lover
@anotherone

That might be the case, but the king could also simply remove all titles and rights from the family, making them no better than a commoner.

He could go even further and seize their estate and remaining wealth.

MORREEEEE!!!!
ROT HIM IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL.
TORTURE HIM AND GIVE HIM BACK WAT HE GAVE.
NEVER LET HIM SEE DAYLIGHT EVER AGAIN.

I felt so bad for Taryn and his other brother for a father to sell off his own kids. It is a pity that the other brother didn't survive the accident to see their oldest brother get what is coming to him.

I hope Konrad will show up and save the day. Since he did say he would help.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the multiple releases for such a tough arc.

Users who are viewing this thread