The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 38

I hope uncle wouldn't mind to be a part of Leslie's family. I need interactions between them because they deserve to love and be loved.

Then Konrad comes to save the day! Yay!

Thank you for the three chapter release!!
Looking forward to how the next chapters & trial ends!
Please update again soon! Thanks for all the hard work!!

The uncle is just amazing. I can't imagine how much courage it must have took him and he deserves the world for still going to the capital despite his obvious trauma.

I cried so much when the uncle said that he came back so his niece wouldn’t suffer like he did ;0; someone give that man a hug

Dex-chan lover
@linszhz I'm hoping he will stay to meet Leslie. Hope he and his wife get to take over the family as someone will have to govern it and it can't be the shitty older sister or mom.

Tra vesh is serioously dumb... Guess his father didn't push education to hard meanwhile leslie absorbs everything she reads and she likes to read everything. Be nice to see Tra vesh lose his hands based on what he said and his title. It would be far more just. Jail would be just a waste of money on food and storing him. Let him die on the streets.

Man, this is so intense.. Please please protect the uncle too 😭 it made me cry how he suffered so much from his stupid brother 😭😭😭😭 truly heart breaking 😭😭😭💔

@Despada
If you were right, then Leslie would had the same reaction when Konrad, the young priest with golden eyes used his holy power on her too in previous chapters.
So your theory doesn't add up.

@Yasagamo
If u remember in a previous chapter, the time Konrad was tutoring Leslie and was in their estate, he used his divine powers on her to help calm her mind. That was the first time he used her power on her, this is the second. In that chapter, Leslie’s body didn’t react negatively, but she instead said her body felt “warm”. I feel it’s more plausible to say that head priest did something suspicious to leslie’s body.
Do remember, the priest said “yes, suffer, just like that,” with an evil smile after using those ‘divine powers’ on Leslie.

I have to say, this series is really good at making use of its previous plot threads. The witnesses that were both explicitly named and subtly referenced in throwaway sentences, previous events, little details that most people would overlook upon the first reading...everything the comic has been using to build up to this noble trial is being used to the fullest, with nary a plot thread thrown away. Most series could stand to learn from Monster Duchess in regards to that. It makes for great tension here, and that tension is eventually going to snap, and it'll be glorious.

Dex-chan lover
I'm strongly disliking this Noble Trial arc.

The allure of this series to me was Leslie being able to find a new home, with a family who outwardly looked scary, but were the nicest people around.

The weakest part were in fact her old family, who were overly cruel for the sake out of it, and oftentimes contradictory. They simply aren't even worth this screentime.
This noble trial just reminds me of all the irksome parts of the setup.
I understand that justice must be enacted, but I wish it was off-screened or done quickly.

God I came all the way here from reading on another site (since MD's still not loading old chapters rn) just to comment about her uncle!!! I was SO happy about that part! Adults standing up for kids and protecting them from trauma while overcoming their own...thank you author!!! I really hope Leslie and he get to interact more later on.

Oh my god!! And i just commented in the past chapter about the uncle whereabouts!! I knew it there must be something about them, i thought it's odd that none of them are mentioned even though they certainly didn't die of being sacrificed. Thank goodness!! I'm so glad the uncle stepped up for leslie. I hope they will compensate him so he can live a better life and keep in contact with him. Need more uncle and leslie interactions!

Users who are viewing this thread