The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 32

Group Leader
It's very funny to see comments diminishing when chapters concentrate on plot XD

@gum_rummy I can share the feeling , she's a great character effusing charisma yet in her shortest appearances.
I trust she will appear more during and after process.

Group Leader
Average Reader: Awww Leslie so cute wanna protect
Me, An Intellectual: Hot Warrior Matriarch FTW

@Rover & @Barnacles some of the ones I have on my list would be
https://mangadex.org/title/39917/the-seamstress-girl
https://mangadex.org/title/42110/the-archmage-s-daughter
https://mangadex.org/title/19454/maid-kara-haha-ni-narimashita < this one's a little more romance focused bc the protag is the mother
https://mangadex.org/title/42737/i-was-born-as-the-demon-lord-s-daughter < idk if I'd really recommend this one yet bc nothing's happened in the story
If you want some just familial fluff stories I also have a couple, but these are the other sad backstory ones I have

@jdoa thanks! Gonna binge read Archmage's Daughter. Cant wait for more chapters to come out for the other 3.

@Rover besides the ones jdoa mentioned, I have also found:
[ul][/ul]Sincerely: I'm Became a Duke's Maid
Who Made me a Princess
Lady Baby[ul][/ul]

Dex-chan lover
So, at first, the shadows infused Leslie with their implicit regrets.
And now, what seems to be the same shadows, tell Leslie that, actually, it was all bullocks and she should totally go jump in a fire.

...What? I really hope this is going to make sense in the future, and it's not just there for extremely cheap baby drama.

a emperor's son marrying a counts daugher... only if their culture doesnt care about ranks, its a shame to the family... this will make their prestige drop to the floor... what benefit can their get from a count anyway?? unless the girl was a genius, beauty or very strong, but she doesnt seems to be any... just a useless b*tch... wait, maybe his father doesnt wish for that prince to inherit, so he is maiming him, yeah, it should be that.

btw, the ranks seems to be messed up, the duchess should have king/queen rank, or that emperor is actually a king.

after playing ck2 for a while I started to be nitpicking about it... >.>

@solipsist is not the shadows, she is having nightmares, kinda normal since she used to be abused... or it may have something to do with her father and those chains in his home.

Dex-chan lover
@SeaTurtle
Eh, I'll just say that I didn't care for that sort of depiction, then. From Leslie's point of view, the shadows are her family. Victims who suffered like she did. To twist them into a foe, even with all of that stress and her baggage of trauma, it seems inconceivable to me. It makes more sense that a fire demon would assault her in her dreams, rather than a shadow.
I also doubt it has anything to do with the chains.

This is so sad, I’m tearing up. Mainly because this is exactly what’s happening where I live. The law says that every person should live with their parents unless they have a permission from the parents or they get married! So whether your 12, 18, 21, or even 30 it won’t matter. If you tried to leave they could report you and you’d go to jail...

I'm glad that the emperor is nice and wise. I really like him. The prince tho.... from the way he looks, he is probably evil. I do wonder where is the empress though.

@Solipsist i kinda read it as she was dreaming of their suffering, and then it turned into a dream about the trial. it might have come across a little oddly because of the lighting choices but i don't think it was suppose to make the shadows come across as antagonistic toward her

@Louzan As much as I love my parents and want to live with for the rest of my life, that was not okay. Not all children feel the same way, and not all households can be even considered households I really hope your country's laws can be changed, honestly it's awful. That's an excessive authority of children that parents have.

@SeaTurtle Aren't the Sperados a marquis family? The order is like this Royal family > Duke > Marquis

Users who are viewing this thread