The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 32

Gosh she's just a kid, she shouldn't be worrying about these kind of things. I hope the Sperado (?) family suffers for what they did to Leslie.

I have two options on what will happen.
#1: the trial goes in the duchess’s favor. The count loses his mind and tries to get our dear lady back with the chains.
#2: (I hate this as much as you.) the trial goes poorly and our dear girl is taken back. (Powers our in a fit of fear?) the chains are used and (Leslie? Spelling check.) goes missing for quiet a while. The Dutch was then calls out the king who asks questions... you can see where this goes. So which one do you think will happen?

Contributor
@Xross24 3. The trial becomes inconclusive because they need to drag on the story line for a bit longer.
I honestly think 1 or 3 are the most likely, 2 is unlikely since it writes the story into a corner.

Dex-chan lover
I hope his wife breaks down and accidentally reveals how odd he's been acting, he deserves to have that trial ruined when he's using literally everyone in his "family".

Especially when he's not even bothering to tell her why they're doing what they're doing. Probably because he can't since she actually likes the eldest daughter.

I just hope Leslie herself doesn't have a breakdown if she has to be at the trial, I assume they won't take the words of the child themself into account. If I was having vivid night terrors every night, just barely able to sleep, being in front of my abusers again would be extra rough.

And the thought of those poor little girls and little boys crying out to the people who treated them like trash but they loved regardless breaks my heart into tiny little pieces.

Aaaaaa

Thanks for the translation as always ;w;

Fed-Kun's army
I hope those who was sacrificed would somehow have a voice to tell the world during the trial of how evil the sperado family was..

Dex-chan lover
Your Majesty, I present to you Exhibit A. *holds up Leslie* Observe how adorable she is. I dare anyone in this courtroom to sincerely say she's lying.

The defense rests.

Joking aside, we're really ramping up to the trial. I better be some satisfying turnabout on dad. Mom and sis...eh. I'm fine leaving them. Living while disgraced suits them more anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@DexerMang I am guessing thats how they kept all that scary ghost stuff under control all these years. When she absorbed the children the scary ghost naturally followed them. Its probably the spirit of the first person to come up with the idea, some patriotic idiot i suppose. They may have even sacrificed themselves to make their sibling more powerful, you know, for the family.

Me: *readings the comments* lol there's a lot of cheese in this, from now on, gotta prepare a cup of tea and some cookies😂

Dex-chan lover
Is it such a good idea to trap a darkness magic user in the dark?

Users who are viewing this thread