The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 39

BWHAAHAHHAHAHAAH

Sorry, had to get that outta my system 😁

She can finally proudly call herself a Salvatore 😭
So glad for our bby girl and can't wait for more family moments!

I know it's only a matter of time until another bad thing happens, but let's just ignore that for now lol

@AngryFerret

Except, it doesn't appear that the Marquess was necessarily expecting to win.

Oh, I mean, he tried to win (he went so far as to bribe a high priest) and threaten (with who knows what kind of blackmail) witnesses, and yet he simultaneously had the plan to stall. He never intended to give the opportunity for a second day. He planned to make Leslie "disappear" and possibly use those chains to cast her into the fire (as a sacrifice to empower Leslie's older biological sister).

Spedero appears to have (by his own internal monologue admission) planned to use the "Child Protection Law" to force Leslie to return home at the recess in the trial. At that point, had not Leslie's teacher broken things up, she would have been sent back to quite possibly her death at the Marquess's hands.

I think that that counts as meaningful "dramatic tension." What about you?

It seems that Konrad had transferred the curse placed on Leslie on himself, he must be in a lot of constant pain since he is a font of Divine power.

Ok, that was pretty intense, and I'm glad we got past that. I'm sure we'll see Sperado trying some stupid desperate shit after losing it, but besides that, now we can contemplate what comes after. Leslie's power is huge and if revealed will make Salvatore to be even more unbalanced power-wise. Will we go further into it, or it'll be back to cute moments with Leslie learning to be a normal girl until someone tries to fuck things up again?

Either way, I'm looking forwards.

I imagine that even with the end of this trial, the fact that the Sperado's rise to power had royal politics written all over it kinda makes me think that this is only the beginning. At the very least, our lovely Leslie now faces the problems ahead as a Salvatore in truth and in name. 😀

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 15, page 10. "I'll count the minutes until that day, Marquess." HEY LOOK WHAT TIME IT IS!

Dex-chan lover
@TheDragonLord
I still don't buy it, ok let's assume that he successfully kill her and empower the other daughter. How he explained that? He would have everyone at the kingdom including the king and a public opinion against him. Even with how powerful he would be it will be suicidal.

Ok, it would makes some sense if he just wanted to stall the process not win it but still his arguments were pretty lacking, most of the time he was just saying: I love my daughter and the other side controls everyone.

Also, as I said the child protection act thing does not really make so much sense. You have a case of child abuse and somebody tamper with evidence (the high priest aura stuff), why give the daughter to him? Even if we assume that it's reasonable, so why she wasn't forced to stay with him during the break?

Dex-chan lover
Ah sweet catharsis

Tho we know that Sperado will prolly try something underhanded, right?

Dex-chan lover
oh yeah..he finally got what he deserved..
it's only final nail in his coffin when he watched his family and everything he stand for Crumble upon his eyes.

Dex-chan lover
It has been a good read so far, but I wonder if the author will be able to keep my interest.

I just hope it doenst turn into a romance.

Users who are viewing this thread