The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 62

Hahaha! Another fantasy writer be dropping 7000 years like that doesn't encompass the entirety of recorded human history.

Imprisoned for four years and not once did she think that maybe this is all punishment for trying to kill and abuse her little sister. How is she still fiance to the prince? She's a criminal and have no wealth.

@LilyWhite @Torappu @gekigangerv
Hmm, I'm not a fan of some of these takes. This is a fantasy world where not all of our real world logic and facts apply.
7000 years could be the blink of an eye in terms of their civilization. Technology as we know it here may not be possible there. Even if it is, they could be developing it at a much larger time scale than we did here.
Applying a fully real world mindframe to a fantasy world is a quick way to kill the immersion for yourself, and that can happen to a lot of them.
For example, they probably should have been using gun and jets and had metropolis cities and all our modern technology in Game of Thrones if our real world timeline was in play. 😁

What's amazing is not that they don't have our exact technology! What's amazing is that they are saying an Empire (and dissident groups within that empire) has remained unchanged for 7000 years! LOL That's impossible! "People" in this world work the same as "people" in our world (in that they have ambitions and can do wrong, etc. etc.). Ain't no way an empire keeps the same royal family and an identical culture for 7000 years. Just look at the Chinese empire. The earth empire considered one of the longest-lasting empires of all time. There were tons of dynasties and regime changes. Huge cultural shifts. Families and special interest groups blimping in and out of existence.

P.S. I love the story too! One ridiculous little detail doesn't ruin it for me. But the detail is definitely ridiculous!

@LilyWhite
Well, it's not impossible in this world. 😋
I suppose it comes down to suspension of disbelief. You can find it ridiculous while I don't even bat an eye at it. The author has built a world in which the story takes place and not everything will be liked/understood/accepted by everyone.

But, like you said, the story itself is good enough where some of these extra details can be mostly disregarded. The fact that the empire was founded 7000 years ago doesn't seem to be a major plot point, but a mere device to establish that this Etai group has been around for a long time and has deep rooted disdain for the empire, which will likely lead to something more plot relevant later on.

I just want to say to Eli that even now you are living a lot better than a begger...and even better than dear Leslie in the past.

Leslie is one of my fav MCs for sure because she's kind and delicate but also strong and badass. I love her so much TT

Honestly while 7000 years is too long we forget that chinese imperial rule lasted about 4000 years even though it went through many shapes and dynasties

Dex-chan lover
Love how assholes can't ever learn or see it's their own fault.
Just like in real life.

Fed-Kun's army
no, Eli, if only you and your trash family weren't such shitty human beings, this wouldn't be happening to you. Maybe if you actually used your brain, you'd understand more

Fed-Kun's army
i'm suprised this bitch can still think like that....i mean...bitch you're not rich or noble anymore....drop the freaking attitude lol
she didn't even know even her whole life is being used by that high bitch queen as well

omfg the shadows in the rabbit! XD

In another series, Leslie would be the evil girl with dark powers out to destroy the FL... lol

Double-page supporter
@izayamikaelis
well... at least they are living up to the character... they're too much of an idiot to be aware that they are being used... or they would rather be used as long they can get what they want... all and all... they don't deserve our sympathy....

Users who are viewing this thread