The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 62

Dex-chan lover
Madel is a sweetie and Leslie is the darling of the entire Salvatore family. It's nice seeing her so self-assured now. The scar is still there, but it's faded.

Eli...to be fair to your jerkass father, you did sell him out at the trial. They're probably too busy wallowing in self-pity to do anything.

I really love the contrast between Leslie's sweet and kind temperament and her power of darkness. :D

I feel a little sorry for Eli, because she was also a child and her parents raised her to think behaving that way is appropriate and no one has stepped in to educate her on her behavior is wrong all this time. So she is simple a horrible,delusional female character to be disposed of but she is also so stupid.

. The Dowager Queen however, is simply the mother of the emperor and their have been hints that she is masterminding some sport of plan since the beginning. I feel like she will be the final big bag after Eli gets defeated, and being such an active Dowager Queen...[so the Empress is dead or just not important right now] she will probably be far more cruel.

I'd like to see everyone's reaction once Leslie has been bestowed with the Dark Saint title and I also like to see her rampages her power 😆😆

Double-page supporter
How the hell is she still engaged to the crown prince? I'm sure the entire empire knows what Eli and her family did now. To keep the engagement going would just be ridiculous politically.

@blazing_boz we could argue the same about the rest of them turning into psychopaths. With a family history of 7,000 years of delusional evil, when does it the cycle end? How does one break those patterns of badness? 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Wait we did skip 4 years, right?
Do that festival happens once every 6 years or something? I was under the impression it was yearly...

Let us not forget that Eli ALSO has the dark magic powers that Leslie has, just not as strong. I wonder how that'll work later on.

Ahhh I hope Leslie uses more of her magic this season!!! So excited!!! I loved how they were communicating!!!

Dex-chan lover
A 7000 year old empire and they're still at a medieval level of technology even with magic?

wow destroying 2 families or more all for sending letters asking for engagement i get protecc but he's taking it a little far.

@Torappu

7000 years and medieval style that what happens when technology and innovation is held back. Stagnation. clinging on to old traditions not even questioning it and no effort in learning. our own history would be the same if it weren't for the same technological changes that disturbed the old traditions, this also includes religion and not only the system itself and was not distributed as fast to the common people. Magic would technically be one of the hinders for technological breakthrough since lives would be stable and only those in power will use it like the military might they need. so any effort for development would be hindered unless it's for the few elites that control them.

Users who are viewing this thread