The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 70

Banned
@shinsenryuu @perseus525

the arabella thing.... which while it has political influence it also comes with death... go back a few chapters and you'll see them talking about it.
So if you combine that with what you know ... Eli is the perfect pawn because she'll discard herself and then the poor prince will get the pity card from everyone.

But then again since magic is tied in this novel, perhaps the reason why every arabella dies soon after becoming one is because they can't handle the divine power.... and the MC has a lot of dark power so Eli becoming her polar opposite doesn't sound good for the MC either.
there is something weird going on with this arabella thing.

Double-page supporter
@perseus525 wasnt she seeking some kind of box with something that the goddess sealed? it was something that killed anyone who touched it and the arabella has access to it.

Double-page supporter
Everyone's worried about Konrad and Leslie, but the one who has the most death flags being raised is Sir Rentius. The kindly close friend and mentor to the male lead who has helped him out through several situations and made it possible to be with the lady the ML is interested in. He is also a guardian for the FL and well liked by her. He's the perfect character to catch a shank in the back.

@shinsenryuu They mentioned earlier that she would be more of a concubine, not a wife. She can't be the official wife of the Prince, but the Empress Dowager wants her as a useful pawn. Honestly the Empress told Eli as much in chapter 67, just Eli was too stupid to realize she was the one they were talking about at the time.

SHIMATTA EMPRESS MEDEA HAS MAKEN A MOVE SINCE CH 68 AND I DIDNT KNOWWW , i too wonder what will the duchess discuss the move by the jacaranda flower , also i felt bad for konrad , his brother is anxious , his mother is ill and his father's sudden change i hope hes doing well with his family

Dex-chan lover
I feel so anxious for so many people in this story, and Leslie is the only one I'm confident will come out alright in the end.

Jeez can they just end this already, just kill the blonde chick and be done and move on.

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze MCs has the thickest plot armor after all.

The death flag I'm seeing is on the Duchess. Because of the usual plot: MCs grows = time for the overleveled "guardian" to die. Gotta expect the clichés.

Dex-chan lover
@Redice

I think that's highly unlikely, considering she's half of the manhwa's title. However, it's extremely likely that there will be some kind of plot point to shed the supposedly strength of the Salvatore family to create some tension in the plot. Thus far the Salvatores have seemed pretty much invincible, imperial diplomacy aside.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel really uneasy about how things seem to be progressing. It’s like everything could suddenly explode abruptly and violently.

@degenerateafro @perseus525 @someunregpunk

lol, it's been so long I had forgotten the point of the arabella. You're all right, it's a win-win for the Empress no matter what.
About the concubine thing, I kind of remember some talk about the concubine stuff, but wasn't it also said that, if she losses, Eli would just go back to prison or wherever she was before since it was only avoided because of this whole arabella thing? Or was all that scratched the moment the Empress 'saved' her?

Users who are viewing this thread