The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 73

uh-oh. I think it'll go like this: High Priestess poisons the refugees w/ the poison plant, places the blame on Leslie. BUT the earthquake forced them to stop early and not take any plants with them, proving it wasnt them! Something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Why is it like they're implicating he's jealous? Can't a girl have a friend that's NOT directly connected to a salvatore ugh that's kinda toxic and it's not like a yuri route is possible here lol 🤣

Double-page supporter
yeah this arc is a slog. im just jamming space bar to see if anything interesting has happened yet

Double-page supporter
@kiero13 I think he's more worried about being left behind and forgotten. They aren't lovers or family, so the only relationship they have is that of being friends. The more friends she makes the less "friend time" she has with him specifically. It also likely has to do with his feelings for her, but the fear of being left behind is probably the main driving force.

The queen and the high priest come off as the most hateable characters so far due to the fact that they have yet to receive any comeuppances for their actions yet. I think i've been spoiled on what happens to the queen, but the high priest has me on the edge.

I hope the Duchess goes medieval on that prick.

Group Leader
Holy crap this is boring.
The only good this of this manga was that crazy ducal family... without it, it's boring as hell..

Also, this is called "The Monster Duchess"... and we've not seen her for a while it seems.

I was hoping they would do something about learning about her powers, or even making actual use of it... but nope, this is shit now.

Too bad.

leslieeee where did the toast IQ go?

also, i get it’s slow but it’s not boring. there’s clearly a lot of build up happening that makes u want to see everything go to shit and see how leslie solves it, see how her relationships progress, how her dark magic developed, and see that head priest bitch get killed tf off yk?

it’s not like lady bb. there was one point in that manhwa when everything was stale and there was no direction except showing off how lovable the mc was but we all know she’s doing this to become arabella so i think it’s interesting, y’all j don’t have patience 🤷🏾‍♀️ which is fine but it’s not the author’s lack of skill. that’s j on u so u don’t have to insult the work

Fed-Kun's army
i get shes still a kid but im struggling to see how naive shes become vs when she was much younger

personally, im finding this disappointing bc not only is the pacing slow, (they can show this arc with better pacing) but the antagonist has also been reused several times rather than bringing in new conflicts like noble ladies mocking leslie bc they think they're naive or smthn
not just that there's not much development ud think after what happened last time, shed be more wary but naw

Users who are viewing this thread