The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Double-page supporter
Hmmm... I can kind of seeing what the mother was doing, but like... that treatment was probably why Pryde ended up the way she did, damn.

Thanks for the update!

...I really hope mending that broken relationship takes more time, because it's going to suck if the mother's immediately forgiven, damn.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the queen is a failure of a mother but the father is even worse considering he himself is with Pryde more consistently. The queen’s idiocy is in thinking that “if i just pass on the crown and don’t interact with my kid then everything’ll be dandy” is completely moronic and presuming by “horrid” she means to say she has witnessed game pryde’s actions or personality then it’s only more important that she actually try to teach her daughter a lesson or have someone else do it. The father is worse cause he’s clearly with pryde more yet he is a typical “i’ll spoil her because i can” instead of teaching her a lesson but I’ll give him benefit of the doubt that he simply didn’t realize. Problem is that this loops back to the queen’s premonitions and how she could have told him to keep a close eye on pryde in order to get the father to slap that girl into normalcy. I’m also willing to wager that game pryde’s homicidal and sadistic nature is due to the fact her mother intentionally ignores her in favor of her younger sibling which left a psychological scar that may in fact be the reason she order what’s his face to kill his mother because game pryde couldn’t stand the fact he had a mother who treated him properly. Tl;dr shit parenting that makes it reasonable game pryde was so psychotic from what we’ve been shown so far.

Edit: I also picked up from the way the queen talks that she believes that fate was is unchangeable going on how she was surprised when she could no longer see pryde’s future BUT that still doesn’t forgive her moronic attempt at parenting. (Also while a dead parent or a parent who left after you were born are similar they are still different from a parent YOU know interacts with your sibling but avoids you)

Edit2: comment about a drug addicted parent being better may have been over the line. Sorry.

@DeBlois
I mean, the mother I understand, but the father?
The mother had her reasons and she was right, in the game, her daughter is rotten to the core, she is wrong only because the transmigration changed Pryde.
I mean, think about it, you are a Queen that can see your child in the future being a bloody tyrant, what would you do? Obviously, she is human, so she did what she thought was right.
You are right about her being a bad mother, something she admits herself.
I don't see how the father is a bad father though. He basically raised that demon by himself, maybe you meant that he couldn't fix her selfish nature and had to depend on a transmigration?
All in all, I am glad the family will be fixed, little by little.

Contributor
It was a nice chapter, all end well in the end...except the prime minister, will he be the big antagonist in the story ?

@xMirage i did read the novel, though it only served to further my disdain for the queen, especially when she said
“do you have any idea how hard it was for me to act coldly to that extremely adorable child," complaining only about her own upset feelings in regards to her abandonment of pryde. like, please, have you ever stopped to consider how pryde must have felt when you neglected her her entire life rather than going "oh, woe is me, it's so difficult for me when i neglect my child"?

so, yeah, i guess we agree to disagree.

Well, it could be that she tried to change how her daughter behaves, but it never changed the future as she didn't foresaw her husband's death? 🤫

Dex-chan lover
Writing this as separate comment so it’s not another wall, though i may as well tack it on my first since that’s already a wall. I honestly expect the queen to immediately be forgiven in like two chapters at most because let’s be realistic here, mc is reincarnated. The reason her being reincarnated is important is because unlike the og pride (whom mind you was a full fledged developing child), mc is not only an older teen but also someone who hasn’t been in this world long nor even seen her mother. To put this in layman’s terms, Mc has no emotional investment in the relationship with her mother, if you even call it that, and thus won’t hold a grudge as any child would do. Hope it gets revealed Game pryde killed her mother cause goddamn that brainless wench deserves at least that bit of poetic justice.

Edit: gonna try not to think about this cause god it makes me heated. Not dropping it though cause im a masochist.

Edit2: hopefully this is my last take on this but i also want to say: HOW IN THE HELL IS THE MOTHER A FUCKING QUEEN WHO HANDLES FOREIGN AFFAIRS BUT COULD ONLY COME UP WITH THE WORST POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR HANDLING HER DAUGHTER

“My daughter is gonna grow up to be evil so I will not interact with her, thereby completing the self-fulfilling prophecy. There is no way that my abandonment of her will affect her negatively and cause her to lash out to have others feel her pain, like her adviser. She ordered him to kill his own mother because she is just evil.”
This mom’s a real fuckin piece of work 😒

Fed-Kun's army
@bxx4u Think it's more along the lines of being able to do negative actions towards her without feeling guilt. Wouldn't be surprised if the Queen ended up ordering her daughter to be executed in the alternate timeline.

i agree with some others opinions about the Mother and Prime Minister.
for the PM he seems to actively go out of his way to spread bad rumors about her and turn others against her.
as for the mother no sympathy if she knew her daughter was going to turn out bad sit her down talk to her and so on don't cut her out of ur life. She seems to know better now though that's only due to FL being a good person.

Users who are viewing this thread