The Necromancer Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Girl in the Forest of Corpses

Dex-chan lover
"Here, rock salt and chloride."

Rock salt actually is a chloride, sodium chloride, NaCl.

@Kaarme NaCl and Cl− are two different things. Both the author and the TL have probably passed highschool chem, so study harder.

Imagine going "ackshyually" and flippantly correcting science trivia from a 3 month old comment in a manga discussion forum about a cute girl maid.🤓Like ermagerd *snort* NaCl and Cl- are diFfErEnt tHiNGs sTuDY haRdeR I kNow hIghSchOoL CheM.

Dex-chan lover
@Hoves How do you measure 100g of Cl-, a chloride ion, in some rustic small town shop? Chlorine (Cl2) is a gas in all the conditions available for some random old times shop. Although I suppoe magic could solve that if the shopkeeper was a magician and knew what they were doing. Chloride ion is exceptionally common in nature, in solutions that is. However, you aren't specifically weighing chloride ions when you are measuring amounts of solution, even though you'd know much of those you'd get as well if you knew the concentration (for example, if you had a bottle of HCl of a known concentration).

You know, sometimes people aren't just writing random stuff in the comments. For what it's worth, I'm never writing anything just to supposedly appear wiser among manga readers. I'm far too old for shit like that. I just enjoy pointing out funny or weird details. If a manga annoys me, I do it as a form of complaining. I expect most of the readers to recognise them as well, should the details catch their attention.

Her name is chloe, she's a maid also she's a necromancer,, damn thats reminds me of maid chloe from epic7 also have revive ability 😂

Double-page supporter
@WinterWind @Kaarme @Hooves
If you look at the raws it's not just "chloride", it's magnesium chloride.
Somehow the magnesium part is missing, even though it's the easiest part to understand (it's in katakana)

https://viewer.ganganonline.com/manga/?chapterId=14188
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A1%A9%E5%8C%96%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B0%E3%83%8D%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A6%E3%83%A0

And a minor nit about the wolf name on the credit page, it's not an exclamation mark (!), it's probably a chouonpu and an interpunct
So it's ルー・モール, though it doesn't change much

ok . . . I just want to confirm that I'm not the only one who think that lance is papyrus . . . . yeah I'm not the only one . . .

Users who are viewing this thread