The New Gate - Vol. 10 Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
Oh, i see i wasnt the only one who found using "lover" sounds weird xD

Dex-chan lover
This is the definition of forced romance. They are lovers because the plot says so, not because they have actual chemistry together.

Regarding ‘lovers’, 30 Rock said it best. “That word bums me out unless it’s between the words meat and pizza.”

Dex-chan lover
What's up with that last page!? I don't see an "H" tag on this manga.

@VincentYamato I think it's just the way it's translated. The word "koibito" is probably what they used so that translates to "lover". It's just awkward in English because the word's usage has changed drastically from it's original use. I do think it could be better if the translator took some liberties to adapt the language to something more fitting for the overall intent of the Japanese side. But that's always up to the translator. For the moment, just gotta be grateful.

Seeing comments about how poorly this is being adapted makes me want to read the novel too. I guess after I've caught up with all 1200+ chapters of Overgeared I'll get on it.

Aggregator gang
@pakyu1199 thanks for the spoiler... I always dislike when someone gets isekai ed and leaves a "lover" (lol) behind ... Its just kinda depressing

Fed-Kun's army
I'm guessing that "lover" in this case is a direct translation of a single Japanese word used for both "boyfriend" and "girlfriend."

i had to double check old chapters, i thought Marino was Holly's Daughter Kaede.

I love the visual story telling in this manga, it really elevates the story told in the light novels, especially as the later volumes get almost didactic. That last panel is GOLD.

Users who are viewing this thread