The New Gate - Vol. 8 Ch. 50

Double-page supporter
@conscript117 np, and I definitely agree the art in the LN just looks so much nicer and well put together, I don't hate the manga artwork but it feels more rushed like the artist didn't or couldn't take their time on it.

Dex-chan lover
@Taco-chan, for the rest click on spoiler button AT YOUR OWN RISK you have been warn

Marino's soul was in tiera but after many chapters later shin find out and was able to have a conversation with marino using tiera as a medium but after that conversation her soul disappear

for those who want to read the light novel, the manga is currently around volume 5(currently volume 14 is being translated) just google search "Shin translation"

Does the LN cover Shins past of him cutting down the Pk'ers? As I would love to see the manga do a few chapters of his dark past.

Fed-Kun's army
Story has been vastly improved by characters who better understand and can reminisce with Shin about events before the story began, and the additional mystery and depth added to the world and the characters by the other players. The additional depth to Schnee's character, too, by just those additions and reveals, does a lot to make her a more relatable and "real" character in the story.
Thanks as always for the work, looking forward to more.

@zippy91 about Pk
There is a big part where Shin explains what he did in the game before he went with Shadow going around killing Pks

Fed-Kun's army
Everyone's focused on whether Shin will end up with Marino or Schnee, but I'm here wondering how that cat is holding a glass without opposable thumbs.

DJMiiaw.png

sorry, liked the chapter

Ok, I seem to have forgotten the basic premise of the story. I thought that Shin was trapped in a video game, defeated the last boss, and instead of being sent to the real world, got sent to the future of the video game world. Am I remembering things right?

@sapphiredemon Essentially correct. Everyone that died was 're-spawned' in the future seemingly at random, except Shin, who beat the main boss, was transferred forward with the buffs he acquired from killing the last boss. Any other players that survived up to him killing the boss, depending on their race, would've died from old age by now with only the elves and reptile beastmen likely still alive. Not sure if it's mentioned if the 'high human' is actually just made up or if they are actually some sort of long living human players.

Dex-chan lover
@SapphireDemon i think you are.
But apparently, shit went awry because of players dedicated on killing players. Next is me speculating, her girlfriend/friend may have been a victim of them, pushing Shin into a killing spree.

Double-page supporter
@Zippy91
yes, there's arc about Shin's past
and he really brutal one, so its not exaggerating that people call him 'Death God'

for the other about marino ~
Tiera is Marino, its explained why Tiera has Taming Skills when she never take the Tamer Class... and Marino and Tiera is same soul but with different memories and personality (conciousness).

Dex-chan lover
Either stay with Schnee, or go home and take Schnee with him.
Schnee would definitely go.

A time dilation happened maybe? Players and NPCs are experiencing different flow of time. Time flows more slowly than real life time.

So this people already died in their old world and got transported in that world while Shin's body is still alive maybe in a life support ?

Dex-chan lover
I'll bet that Marino will appear at some point.

Then things will get more complicated with Schnee.

@optiso
I think it was later in this arc mentioned that shin as a highhuman has the longest lifespan of them.

@zippy91 the arc about shins past is volume 10 of the lightnovel, we are currently at the beginning/middle of volume 5.

Users who are viewing this thread