The Newly-wed Life of a Witch and a Dragon - Ch. 23

not-easy-to-spell-out-dumb-meme.jpg

Good, don't let him forget. I know she'll forgive him eventually because the whole story is about them, but I hope it isn't soon.

I also love it because there were comments saying she was dumb and annoying for being angry. Like she had no reason to be "because he loves her, so she should be happy". That isn't how shit works. Homeboy is basically a stalker that coerced and tricked her into this marriage or she loses her magic, stole her humanity and made it to where she's influenced by his feelings and emotions, and I'm supposed to be cool with it? Nah. He's a dragon, and they're greedy and don't tend to consider others in their actions, but he's still a trashy ML.

as cute as i think he is as a weepy puppy i think i'm ready to see blushing aiden, jealous aiden, showoff aiden, oblivious aiden, embarrassed aiden 😊

Shit happens, you got a dragon heart. Go forth with your dragon puppy!

Thanks for the update! <3

Dex-chan lover
Thankfully I am not in Wendy's place. Cause I am so weak to crying beauty I would forgive this so fast lol

LOL I can only say, RIP at this point

Honestly, I don't even know if their relationship is gonna be genuine. He forced her to be with him... What's the point of waiting? Literally, he wants her to develop Stockholm's syndrome under the guise of "I'm going to persuade you no matter how long it takes so, now, here's my heart lel..."

He definitely need to be staying 6ft away from her rn -- like he has to start earning these privileges. I think it'll be good if she enforces a break from him for some time before they restart their relationship from the bottom up

Thanks for another chapter ♡

Contributor
This is one of the most interestingly dysfunctional relationships I've seen recently. Perhaps because it's so rare to have an author that would write a love interest like him in the first place, yet also acknowledge that his desperate bids for affection are manipulative, selfish, and a violation of trust, no matter how puppy-dog cute he and his devotion may be in the process.

(Like, I feel that normally an author would frame such a boy as some sort of pure-hearted angel no matter how many lines he crossed, and a good portion of the audience would accept that presentation uncritically.)

Still, I'm not in the "their relationship definitely should just not even happen because of this" camp, mind. It seems like a relationship that could work, in the sense that I can envision them getting together hereafter and having them be happy (and not caught in some cycle of abuse) without any huge changes to their relationship dynamics, despite the lad's... let's charitably say... poor judgement 'till now...

I mean, yes, if I had any friend in her approximate position IRL I would tell them to get the hell out of that situation, but... XD

@Rolyat_101:

Rare is the romance fiction that would allow that sort of healthy decision-making. Even having just praised the author for being grounded in reality—I'm not expecting that much. XD

Users who are viewing this thread