The Nighthawk Drifts About - Ch. 1

@jak
I really like yuri, but I confess that I'm already tired of those stories where they were a couple in the past and one chooses that they will not continue the relationship. Time passes and reappears as if nothing had happened and even if it has destroyed with the emotional of the other person everything is magically resolved because the person who was left is still blindly in love * sigh * But I will still read on to see where this disaster goes.

she is selfish and is taking advantage of the feelings of her husband and friend that she clearly knows likes her.
...are you fucking serious? Both of those women are trash. The 'lesbian' one knows exactly what she's doing, and if their pre-coital exchange is anything to go by, the "unfaithfulness" only spices up the whole situation in her mind.

inb4 "mUh SoCiEtAl PrEsSuRe". it's 2020, I don't wanna hear it.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, sometimes I read manga or doujinshis about a woman cheating her husband with another woman and I'm like "yeah cool" because you know, typical stories where: the husband cheats on her, poor woman abandoned or abused, arranged marriage (stupid in 21st century but pretty common in manga) and some kind of reason that you say "Ok I get it, cheating isn't good but there is a REASON"... But this?! Girl, just... Just be single, find another woman who truly loves you and goes against the "society" and wants to be with you OR JUST FUCKING DIVORSE IF YOU DON'T LOVE HIM.

This is bullshit, I hope they get a bad ending, this is not a good ntr yuri story, is stupid.

I'm surprised to see so many people being so against the ntr of this manga, usually I feel that many people like to see that sort of plot. Personally I think I'll follow this at least for the sexual part, I have a lot of discomfort with the ntr, so i have to find an appeal.Thank you for the translation, even as a non-English speaker I can see that there are a lot of things that are wrong, well for the proper names it's quite obvious that there is a problem, but I wish you good luck, and maybe other people will help you.

I really hate ntr, idk what her old friend is going to do but feels like it will be a lot of drama

Forget the NTR, this horrible translation is what's pissing me off.

@kyouka09
"I hope you understand that my translation is a bit bad..."
Wow, I wouldn't have noticed without you pointing it out! <-- sarcasm

"... this is my first time translating a series..."
I think this is your first time writing in English in general.

"... I'm so sorry"
Just put more effort into actually understanding what you're writing in English. You don't even have to know any real Japanese to deliver a decent translation, just make sure that the final output makes as much sense as possible and is grammatically correct.

I've seen heavily edited MTL that could pass as a professional translation just because the translator had some common sense when it came to writing coherent English sentences. It all comes with experience, something you seem to sorely lack. Please put more effort into it if you want to continue.

Damn... i know this plot and the ending..., but just stay and relax to read every story yuri ha...

Double-page supporter
I think these manga are better off being set pre 80's (preferably 19th century bc goddamn do I love depressed Victorian era female protagonists), but I guess this happens sometimes now too.

translation is like broken english, very bad too and clear that its not the translator's first language. Also a nasty watermark too.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think the translation is bad as much as it's the English that is bad. It comes off as awfully stilted like a robotic butler but with poor grammar.

I found one gem of a sentence in here though:
At this moment I want to have sex with you so cooperate.

That one really fit the mood in that frame.

This is why you shouldn't rush everything smh, and a woman can't be a woman without a children???...what a boomer brain that you got there lmao. They really do normalize certain things huh. Lame dude LAMEEEE!(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

it's a good thing that you pick this series, i mean.. yeah your translation is not the best but maybe another scanlator will be interested to pick this series and make a better translation after seeing this one. (my english is not really good too)
translation aside, cheating is bad, but i like yuri.. so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fed-Kun's army
The translation might not be the best, but I still appreciate the effort you put into this, It seems this is a really good premise and I really want to see where this story goes, even if it's with this translation lol
But I do hope a good translator can take care of this

Thank you so much for this chapter <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Aggregator gang
@Jimsock1
They ARE terrible people, but "yurifags" got me curious. Do you, perhaps, clicked on manga with yuri tag and dislike yuri? Why?

@RenToyonde
That IS @kyouka09 's gain of experience. With putting all the effort of the world, if you're a rookie, something will be amiss. Instead of insulting the translation, it would be more efficent to actually correct lines/state why are they bad. You did spend the time copying down credit page and commenting on it, so I don't see why won't you just help.

@Dudley You want me to correct every single line? It'd be easier and more "efficient" to translate everything from scratch.

I dropped this after the first chapter only due to the translation. I'm not gonna continue to suffer through it. Some people just have standards, you know?

PS: @kyouka09 I'd recommend starting from translating web novels. Easier to work with the source text and no typesetting to do (not like you did any in the first place, but at least you'll save many people's lives eyes).

Users who are viewing this thread