The Nighthawk Drifts About - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Ring Falls Off

I usually hate cheaters and want to see them completely alone and miserably at the end......... But this story is really good and the drama is very well written. Let's see where it'll go.

I feel like this manga is really similar to life. Lesbians/yuri isn't considered normal so instead we end up with people we don't love and hurt the one we love. When we realize the mistake made it's already too late

Double-page supporter
Chinami deserves someone better than this girl. Good riddance, I hope the two don't get together in the end.

Looking forward to the next chapter already!
I think my main frustration with this manga so far is that Yukiko needs to actually speak her mind more. If she just told Chinami about how she didn't love her husband and wasn't attracted to men earlier on they could have worked together. And, I understand that she's scared, coming out is scary, disappointing people is scary... But, it's painful to read. While that painful aspect is one of the things which makes the manga engaging I also wish I had a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward too.
Anyway, I hope everyone figures out what's best for them and works towards it, even if it hurts them in the short term, they'll all be happier. (except the husband, he's kind of a jerk)

Fed-Kun's army
You know normal stuff, like hugging, a lot, on the bed, in bed...
And you know...

To be fair though, I think Yukako know pretty well what she wants, she just not sure how to get it without it causing a massive fallout. Arata is a nice guy, but nothing seems right in their relationship beyond basic function.

Dex-chan lover
@Generika
lack of communication is, more or less, the theme of the manga. Yukako never talked to Chinami about why she's leaving in high school. She never was honest with her husband, never said she doesn't want children, never told Chinami that she is not just playing around and is actually conflicted.

The whole story is not about an affair, it's about Yukako not telling people what she thinks/wants and just going with the expectations of others. And showing a glimpse of the clusterfuck that might come out of lack of communication and agency in one's own life.

There are also various other things her husband or Chinami don't say, which are of lesser impact to the overarching story of Yukako's life, but also affecting their own happiness.

It seems like we are at a breakpoint of that though, so I expect more talking about shit that bothers you in the last 2 chapters.

Oof, welp, she's getting less than what she deserves here due to Chinami's kindness. Will she grow up and talk things out with her husband and lover or quietly spin her wheels as she did before? Either way, I am thoroughly entertained

Users who are viewing this thread