The Novel's Extra

If irony have novel this will be it ,

The premise was our MC is an author that struggling against writer's block , The irony ? This series started so good and it goes down hill real fast, The author take a few hiatus throughout the series and from the middle part of the story i already smell it that it will be going down from here and i don't even know anymore what the plot is about, a LOT of fillers and boring stuff after the author doesn't know what to write or added the plot to.

The only decent thing about this novel is its character.

Stopped soon after Cube arc.
Dude has a weird boner for some of his own characters and turns into an edgelord. Got too angsty and edgy for me to continue. Also plot goes down the drain really fast.

Ohhhhh the novel got adapted! neat!

Edit: looks like the publisher axed this due to Korean fans hating it and giving it the worst ratings on kakao. The art styles definitely didn’t fit the series especially compared to official art of the girls so not surprised (official novel art https://www.wuxiaworld.com/page/the-novels-extra/the-novel-s-extra-artwork )

It was really goo until Ch 100-150!! So, for the next 2 years atleast the webtoon will be good. Hope they change it after that,

The author is Kim hajin......?????? Is that actually the authors name

This series was the first web novel I completed, and although the ending was... not what I’d call good, I have nothing but good memories of TNE. I generally avoided harems since scog pissed me off but Im glad I read this. It makes me so happy to see this adapted into a manhwa.

Fed-Kun's army
read the novel for this and it went from “yeah its pretty good” to “meh, ill read it later” in 150 chapters

Dex-chan lover
To any of you who decide to read the novel--Godspeed. It starts off pretty god damn amazing.

WHOOOOO boy does it go down hill after the Cube / academy arc though.
Whooo FUCKING boy does the author waste SOOOOOOOOO much GOD DAMN time on trying to force the main character with Chae Nayun--One of the literal worst girls in existence, rivals Sakura from Naruto. Literally every other girl in the immediate cast of characters is 100000000000000x better than her. Rachael is top tier waifu material. Boss is top tier waifu material. The. . . rich girl, while annoying at first becomes top tier waifu material. Hell, Jin Sahyuk eventually became a pretty good girl too! MC is blind.
Also the author has an extremely bad habit of introducing a new main villain over and over again. Jin Sahyuk was shaping up to be the main villain till she gets beaten to death to the point of near mind-break by the MC, then uhh. . . That king of monsters dude seems like the big bad for a while, but isn't. Then that guy that was with jin sahyuk, ends up trying to become a demon or something, and the old boss of the group Hajin joins shows up as a villain etc etc, I stopped reading like 10-20 chapters from the end. Was burned out. I get physically tired thinking about re-reading it. Which sucks, because it was fucking great. Sometimes.

i think the reason the novel went shitty because they move around multiple world rather than developing the world itself example like ghost past, past kingdom, and boss past. the story reach its peak during tower of wish and doesn't realy went downhill, it just they never reach that height again

read the novel and it was amazing, although it wasnt as good when it started, it didnt degrade or anything in my opinion, just never reached its peak like it did when the novel first started. i really recommend the story tho! it’s really good.

Group Leader
Ah, so this got a comic adaptation... welp

The novel suffers the same fate as Solo Leveling: a pretty good read at first, but then it all goes to shit (though I'd say it's much worse in this series' case)

the artist didn't make a good job and it cost the story to get axed.
the novel is amazing for 150 chapter and the rest is meh

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, the story itself is okay in the first few chapters. Then it suffers from "padding and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing" that most web authors do. This story lasted 200 chapters too long. Not to mention the ending is pretty terrible too. But its expected.
This is the webnovel of course.
As for the webtoon, it's art was mega-bad.

That doesn’t look like hajin. Aaaa

Read the majority of the novel and I really liked it. I hope the will try to adapt it again but with the coverart-style

Group Leader
hajin looks dorky
curious to see how byul, yoo yeonha, chae nayun (or whatever the bowsman-turned-to-swordswoman-whose-brother-had-the-devil-seed's name was), etc etc would have looked though

on a side note i liked the first ~150 chapters. not so much the rest lmao
ending feels unfinished too

Users who are viewing this thread