The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 3 Ch. 10 - The Villainess Smiles

Dex-chan lover
So, she will slowly stop acting like Emi and show her true self (minus the plans of using Emi's knowledge) from now on?

...which, considering that with this everything important will have been finished, makes 100% sense in timing.
As she said, "she was just so concentrated in her goal she did not notice how she was acting or how others felt about it".

Dex-chan lover
Even though she keeps say "this is what Emi would do", that's not entirely the case. While Emi would genuinely behave that way, Remilia is acting like this is her 25th playthrough and she's memorized the completionist's guide so she can achieve the ultimate revenge of living well by taking advantage of knowing how other people tick.
IMO The metaphysics at work and Emi wanting Remi's life to be full of love mean that any "Emi would" is "I want/should." Remi just can't be honest with herself about her more altruistic desires so tries to externalize and rationalize them.
This ^
She's faking it until she makes it. XD

Dex-chan lover
YES YESSS REMILIA DO SUM QUEEN SHIT
FpH0ogjXoAEULbn

Dex-chan lover
Even though she keeps say "this is what Emi would do", that's not entirely the case. While Emi would genuinely behave that way, Remilia is acting like this is her 25th playthrough and she's memorized the completionist's guide so she can achieve the ultimate revenge of living well by taking advantage of knowing how other people tick.

This ^
She's faking it until she makes it. XD
IIRC,
No, she really is that sociopathically/monomanically focused on doing 'what Emi would like'. Nothing she does is 'what she secretly wants', she literally lives solely for Emi's sake, and when she births Emi's reincarnated soul in her child, she realizes it immediately and the remainder of her life is focused on raising her. IIRC, she doesn't even like her husband the Demon King, she merely marries him because she knew Emi likes him. Remillia is Actually Evil in thoughts, it's just that Emi is a very strong morality chain.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC,
No, she really is that sociopathically/monomanically focused on doing 'what Emi would like'. Nothing she does is 'what she secretly wants', she literally lives solely for Emi's sake, and when she births Emi's reincarnated soul in her child, she realizes it immediately and the remainder of her life is focused on raising her. IIRC, she doesn't even like her husband the Demon King, she merely marries him because she knew Emi likes him. Remillia is Actually Evil in thoughts, it's just that Emi is a very strong morality chain.
That's too bad. I would have hoped that Emi would have healed/protected Remilia from that so that the later could live for herself, but I guess that's too much to ask from someone who isn't a therapist. ;m;

Dex-chan lover
Kissing the Demon King, that's what Emi would do.
Marrying the Demon King, that's what Emi would do.
Fucking the Demon King, that's what Emi would do.
Giving birth to a girl and naming her Emi, that's what Emi would do.

Remilia's certainly throwing herself into a rationalizing rabbit hole here.
Well,
She does have a daughter with the demon king after splitting off emi's soul from her own body and asking emi if she wants to become her daughter

Dex-chan lover
The way this is going, I fully expect Emi to show up at the end before fading away + being like "Hey Remi don't you realize that you've just been using my name to rationalize doing all these good things as a "villainess" because you can't bring yourself to admit that it's what you want to do? Just go be happy, idiot". After all, Emi like Remilia in the first place because she saw her as a good person pushed to do bad deeds, so a good person's in there somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder how this is going to end; she's doing everything for emi, but what if emi simply doesn't come back? Then she's living a life she personally doesn't like, but imagines emi would like? Sounds kinda sad. Perhaps one of the gods can separate them, so they can actually meet for real? Or maybe live one day each where the other is in control?
I should probably just give the wn a read.

This is also one of the few isekai comics where it seems to actually acknowledge that the isekai'd person just straight up stole someone's body - this really should be talked about/done more, cause it kinda is horror worthy stuff.
Usually the original is dead, or they were already the same person, but yeah it's literally ghost possession.

Dex-chan lover
Wait.

Remilia will summon the Goddess of Purification. As in, the real deal.

Forget Pina becoming just the new Holy Janitor. Chances are she won't even have that anymore.
Yeah this was one of the points brought up in the earlier, as revenge against Pina ruining Emi's hard work she would save the world so Pina's role as a Star Maiden would be pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread