The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 13 - The Mercy of a Saint

Double-page supporter
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!?"
"WHAT'S IT LOOK LIKE, I'M DOING CHARITY HERE!"
You guys just don't understand her genius.

On another note, sure the economy needs to be fixed so that the poor are not so... poor, however, it doesn't change the immediate need of them not starving to death. So yes, charity such as this is important.
if she opened the soup kitchen luring poor people for food, then promising that she'll use her connections to give them at least low wage jobs (in Remilia's territory she pays as starter one meal per day for working the land), so they may not starve to death even in the future then sure, but she does this just to look good by the population, she does not solve the root problem, and considering the economy she cant run this for long periods

Dex-chan lover
I pity the original heroine... She gotta be in there torturing herself, mind broken by all this evil.
Oh, I'd never even thought of that, but isn't this a fairly horrific and likely scenario? Since we know what possession is like because of the Villainess, it should be the same for the Heroine... What a terrible fate indeed.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely really love this. And am I alone in feeling like the only actually bad thing she’s doing is making sure she keeps her own body. Sure the motives aren’t good but the results do NOTHING but benefit those around her. Raising emy’s station through genuine good deeds
Of course she’s evil! She’s totally the villianess! Can’t you tell by the tears of agony running down the demon‘s faces?

Dex-chan lover
somehow I want the OG star maiden to just take the reigns once she has enough of isekai star maiden's actions or sees what Remilia accomplished and it's her turn to sleep

if she opened the soup kitchen luring poor people for food, then promising that she'll use her connections to give them at least low wage jobs (in Remilia's territory she pays as starter one meal per day for working the land), so they may not starve to death even in the future then sure, but she does this just to look good by the population, she does not solve the root problem, and considering the economy she cant run this for long periods
If she's trying to give food for the entire country, and without improving the economy too, considering the amount of people able to pay the taxes, and the ratio of people able/unable to pay them, then I'd say she could only do this for a year and half at most. If you add politics and X factors like Remilia, then maybe 2-4 months at most. After the economy collapsed, she's a dead meat and all of her plans for popularity would go down to smoke for sure. She's a joke. She reminded me of a certain clown voted for president and provoked a war to a huge country and now reaping what he sow, paying it greatly.

Dex-chan lover
All our hatred of the star maiden aside it really cannot be overstated how absolutely adorable the page where remilia says "nothing compared to centuries living in darkness, is it not?"

I love all the characters in this manga so much id die for any of them

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely really love this. And am I alone in feeling like the only actually bad thing she’s doing is making sure she keeps her own body. Sure the motives aren’t good but the results do NOTHING but benefit those around her. Raising emy’s station through genuine good deeds

Remilia is hugely manipulative, using her superior knowledge to play everyone around her like a fiddle. The only thing keeping her from being correctly judged as a monster is her utter devotion to 'Emi', which constrains her to take more socially-acceptable courses of action.

It's why this series is just so, so good. Remilia is absolutely a villain, who only cares about her own selfish desires and goes to great lengths to fulfill them. She has not really changed from the original character, who summoned the demon lord to ravage the world.

Luckily for everyone who isn't the Star Maiden and her harem, her desires are currently focused on pleasing a genuinely good person. So instead of drowning the world in fire and blood to get her revenge, she's giving everyone the happiest of endings so that she can usurp the "heroine"'s very reason for existence.

Users who are viewing this thread