The Predatory Marriage Between the King and the Paladin - Ch. 2

what was even that remark about aristocrats for?the author if he did any research should have known that a number of an aristocrats(mostly second or third sons) joined the church hierarchy as priests

oooook? this is a bit surprising. usually when there's a 'predatory marriage' trope, it's the man who's thr predator. and the woman with her "biiig heart <3 uwu" who turns him into a 'good person'.

this will be interesting.

Well, that's something.
At first glance this seems fairly regurlar (if you ignore the roles reversal), but once looked with scrutiny those two first chapter were pretty dense in information.
I hope this isn't just a trope reversal and it will adress the FL's screwed relationship with power; which considering the quote the story started with is pretty likely.
There is also a fair amount of 'show, don't tell', like when Ezekiel reacted to Calliope's voice. In most other works, this kind of scene would have shown his thoughts; letting his face do all the work is much better.
Honestly this could be either really great or really disappointing, the autor seems to have a decent grasp on storytelling and is able to pack a lot in a few details; ultimately, how reliant on tropes the story is will make or break it.

Ouch, she is waaaay too impatient.

If she waited just 5 seconds more, he could have blurted the name she once told him and they could have a peaceful marriage, but she is damn insane and she refuses to wait any moment longer.

And also, just because she offed her family does not mean he'd be happy of learning why his bros were killed (funny reversal - SHE was the only legitimate kid, but HE was a bastard)

Double-page supporter
HAHAH loving this so far thanks for translating!!

I cant see how she is any different than all those horrible MLs we have seen so far in other manhwas. It's like a gender reversal of the same situation where the kind hearted FL changes the big bad ML for the better with her love. Kind of meh but I will keep on reading to see if anything changes

After re-reading the chapters a few times, I noticed something odd about rings. Of all the characters thus far, we see three people wearing ring, and all of them are member of the church and wear their ring on their ring finger:
- Ezekiel wears a silver ring during his first appearance.
- The cardinal wears a grey ring with a red strip.
- Someone wearing a holy knight's uniform wears a golden ring.
Either rings are a symbol of one status in Panloem, and the third person was Ezekiel wearing the symbol of becoming the duke's heir (quite possible considering the similar gesture and the timing), or it's like one might naively assume and it signifies one being engaged or married. The latter would, in my opinion, lead to all sorts of cheap drama and ultimately result in characters making very questionable choices; I doubt it's the case though, considering Ezekiel constantly had Calliope on his mind and was in a position (illegitimate child) that isn't prone to political marriage.

@MANDY1996 From the way he reacts to her voice, seems like he does; though he does look like he is confused. We do know from the story's opening that he ends up reconizing her pretty fast, but whenever he already internalized that's her is another matter.

Aggregator gang
Those poor guys that were just offed for age and genetics

The credits page lol. Thank you for the translation!

So she's a tyrant... Aww shucks 😔 had me in a second when someone introduced me a top fem..😐

LOL wow, okay but I don't get it. It was mentioned earlier that Ezekiel abandoned her too, when she was young... but from his POV it was saying "wait for me" So shouldn't they know each other?

Is this gonna go to a rapey route? I pretty much expected a toxic relationship from the title alone but hmmm... still shocked about how fast the infos are being dropped in.

Users who are viewing this thread