The Princess in the Dumpster - Vol. 1 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93
They're two separate issues,
One is the crisis, two is the residence of the jeweled eyes.
Whether the jeweled eyes stays in the palace or the temple, she will still need to go to the Whileron territory for the crisis to end, at least according to the prophecy and what we've seen n the story so far

Dex-chan lover
@wotad

https://mangadex.org/title/18488/honzuki-no-gekokujou-shisho-ni-naru-tame-ni-wa-shudan-wo-erandeiraremasen-dai-1-bu-hon-ga-nai-nara-tsukureba-ii
This series.

Dex-chan lover
@wotad ascendence of a bookworm is both a novel and a manga.

Though I wouldnt say the church is pure there, the church is simply part of every day life. But it isnt like a religious thing, its like worshiping physics.

The ones who run the church are nobles, but the church is at the bottom of power and those who become priests are usually nobles disowned by thier family for having too little magic power. The church role is citizenship and food management like a government agency.

But to cast spells be it attack or defense you need to pray to gods. So gods are more part of nobles every day life, and merchants use gods as a habit of dealing with nobles. And farmers need to prey to get blessings for their fields from the noble priests. But commoners are completely clueles about the gods. They only deal with them 3 times in their life, 7 when they become citizens, 15 when they become adults and when they marry. Other then that they stay away from the church.

So far there hasnt been shown a single religious person even amongst nobles, its mostly just part of their lives.

Man, almost none of you guys are talking about the diamond prince. The poor thing was treated so terribly, for all we know, almost his whole life. He couldn’t even eat by himself! He even was done those terrible things by his own brother. It’s just so sad.

Dex-chan lover
He's a good dad.

Also Holy shit I knew the other jewelled eyed kids went thru some awful stuff when I read the raws but the actual details are worse than I ever could've imagined.

Dex-chan lover
@eng1 : Well, about that (major spoiler)
It's due to long history of living in a....twisted? faith.

In fact the country was one where the church, or the worshipping of the Gods, are the core of the governance.
Where the sovereign is chosen among those who have passed the trials from the Gods and was basically also the Pope, ruling from the first temple.

Because this country was actually created by a God anchoring himself to the land and use magic to turn it from the barren desert it was into the habitable country it is now.
Nobles' most important duty in the Gods' eyes are to expand their population and to fill the 'core' of their area (or in case of the sovereign, the country's) with mana to keep it from reverting into the barren land it was (like when monsters consume the magic)

Then a long time a go, a queen want her son to inherit the position however her son didn't have the qualification.
So instead she made a magic tool that can replicate the functions required to run the country_core.exe and give it to said son.
Said son, not knowing any better, pass it on.
Over time the tradition of taking trials of the Gods for that magic tool was forgotten, and more things changed.

And then recently the country lost that magic tool in the coup (along with a lot of dead nobles) and is slowly declining because while they can try to maintain the mana supply, they can't operate country_core.exe and are having problems because of it.
When Myne eventually go to school, which IS also the same location as where the first church was established....well, Myne being Myne she ends up entangled in things.

omg that was brutal. i'm not sure I actually wanted such a detailed description of what happened to the other kids.
so, to sum it up: Red eyes was killed for his blood, blue eyes aka healer was kidnapped and maimed, diamond eyes was used, raped and imprisoned. Possibly also brainwashed & gaslightened, because empire flourished, possibly due to him.
So it got worse with each kid. Hopefully the royal family will properly protect their littlest member, I really don't want to read about Estrella losing body parts...

Dex-chan lover
That’s tragic about the previous jeweled eyes wielders, especially the diamond one. I felt a little sick after reading that one.

Still, thanks for the chapter.

Honestly I didn't like how they connected homosexuality and incest (paraphilia). This is an erroneous idea that no longer has its place in 2020.

Dex-chan lover
Omg a good dad for once. Who actually thinks for his child
Many thanks

Double-page supporter
You tell him!
I get that stopping the corruption is important, but I just love how caring that father is.

The fate of the previous jeweled eyes is horrible and in the last case especially, since it looks like it could've been avoided.
I don't know if the father of the diamond eyed prince actually cared about him or saw his sons suicide as shameful or something like that, but the prince would've probably been better off without interference.

Dex-chan lover
you go dad!
and while it seems the eyes come with talents, probably like how the princesses is able to perceive aura causes it emotion and enmity- it's also a manifestation of glory. the people themselves don't have happy endings but the rise of powers during their lifetimes seem to stagger.

Dex-chan lover
Show a little wisdom priest. You have an emperor with a great deal of power (both magical and otherwise) right across the table from you who is quite willing to kill you and deal with whatever consequences arise from that over this matter. Even if you and the rest of the temple actually do have no ulterior motives (of which I highly doubt), now is hardly the time to press the matter when the emperor is this angry.

That second prince story is awful

Reminds me of that one creepy BL where the MC was half wolf half fox humanoid and had dwarfism. Then his creepy half brother who was looking for him locked him up.

Users who are viewing this thread