The Princess in the Dumpster - Vol. 1 Ch. 35

If they aren't familiar with how spirits are I can understand they freaking with some dude just showing up and vanishing like this.... but I gotta say he calming her down and helping her process and understand the feelings she catch was a really sweet moment.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
"What is his relationship with my child?"

Currently, he is your child's pet snake 🤣

Spirit is the best boy, family, and friend of this series. He was literally the only one who cared for Estrella since she was young so he is both a friend and a family figure that always supported her though only during winter.
I really like the spirit.

I feel like they shouldn't question why kind of existence he is with the way that he helps her sort out her emotions and prevents her from breaking down

...dude, how can you expect the king to do more than he already does? He loves her to bits, to the extent of abusing his authority to be able to pass time with her, gave her the quietest part of the palace and even the people entering her chambers to meet her are restricted. Besides, Estrella is not a normal child in more than one way. And I just thought: if that spirit really cared about her, what about doing a bit of effort and go to the king to tell him "your child is alone in x palace, waiting for you"?. Sorry, I know there are a lot of people who likes this guy but his behavior is highly questionable like, for example, leaving her alone (too) for 3/4 of the year to fend for herself. Granted: he probably can't go too far from the place Estrella was living (which rises the question: why was he bound to that place when he could wander around by possessing certain animals?) to inform the king about his forgotten daughter, but it seems like he didn't do any effort to do so at all either.

I concede that due to his "long" relationship with Estrella he's (for now) the best option to teach her about feelings and the world, but somehow I feel like he's kind of poisonous as well....... But fairies are known for being on the narrow minded side
┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Dex-chan lover
Well a simple explanation is that it’s a spirit and that spirit doesn’t trust humans and for that matter why should said spirit who doesn’t trust people give up the child they are looking after to someone they don’t trust at all, doesn’t justify spirits intentions but it’s a explanation on why the spirit wouldn’t just tell the king right away and it makes a lot of sense considering the phrasing and arrogant nature towards humans.

@Miyono-chan I think he's giving the king an unnecessarily hard time, but for your other points he doesn't have the power to manifest/wake up far outside of winter. They haven't addressed if he can possess animals outside of winter time either, so it's completely possible that even if she found Mr. Longie before (or other compatible animals appeared) that he may still not be able to possess them if it was outside the season.

Tbf, he wasn't around the king to see him abusing his powers in regards to her almost being taken away by the church, and from his pov the king is not being forthright enough in showing his affections and explaining things clearly (which is fair criticism, since he can't even manage to tell her that he prefers to be called daddy over uncle lmao). If anything he's helping clear up the misunderstandings the two have towards each other, because they do both keep creating misunderstandings because they seem to both have poor communication skills in this area lmao.

I dont really like the fact the spirits is also the ML.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

It's strange, the Spirit has clearly been with Estrella long enough that she's survived infancy, and we can assume she was abandoned nearly after her birth (since her mother would've passed quickly after that). Does the spirit not know about her racial quirks? Is he unaware of their power to be forgotten?

Chances are he was the one keeping Estrella alive with his thoughts, so I can understand his restraint and callousness. However, if he already knew about what happens to people of their race, then it's weird how he talks as if they should know these things.

We can gather that the father had a child with the mother, the mother died and the child was forgotten and abandoned alongside that other building. When did the spirit come into play? Did the king know him and forget his existence alongside his lover and child? Did the spirit come upon Estrella by pure happenstance?

But that wouldn't make sense. It's clear the spirit is attatched to the old palace gardens, as if he's been there for a while, but they were abandoned likely around the same time Estrella was. That must mean he was there from the start and to some degree bypassed the amnestic ability whilst totally disregarding it's exisence.

My question is; was he always in the palace gardens? How did he get there? What was he doing there? Is his tirade about the father's failures one informed on Estrella's race or not? If so, why berate him in spite of the fact that he knows why Estrella was forgotten?

Welp, the only way to know for sure is to read on and hope the author doesn't leave plot holes. Frankly, I don't trust the spirit. Too many possible contrivances could exist, I think her eyes are directly linked to his motivations. I don't think it's explicitly evil or harmful, but I think the spirit has goals of his own and, while it's clear Estrella means something to him, he wants her in the palace gardens pretty desparately. He needs her.

@Papeipou
He possesses the snake to follow Estrella into the MAIN palace, yes, but the abandoned section (which I've taken to calling the gardens since it's overgrown) seems to be where he's bound. If he needs to be there in the space between winter, then his possession of the animal is temporary.

What we don't know is if it's a physical reason he must hibernate (like the temperature, but since he goes in the main palace I doubt it), or if it's more temporal in nature. We also don't know why he hibernates, or why he's bound to the gardens. It's curious.

Daddy is kind of bad at his job, and his brother is scum for messing up with a child.

Users who are viewing this thread