The Princess of Sylph (Twitter Version) - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Group Leader
Guess which scene serialized ch1's "pillar of my heart" is blatantly designed to pay off in. Now that you've read this version, you can probably spot a lot of similar setups for future payoffs. The indie version wasn't as structured so you don't get the same strong connection, but it's plenty emotional already.

Worth noting that Sara's mumblings were borderline unintelligible scribbles. Kamejiro changed up spellcasting (for maybe the 4th or 5th time) last chapter for the purpose of this transition here. Sara switching from muttering insults to herself into a spellcast, and you're not supposed to realize it until the last second. It's why I changed the font for spells, though mine's still too legible.

Dex-chan lover
So, Sara would have killed herself over false information. Again, too much uncertainty about how this sword works. In a twisted way, Sara's self-hatred is what's causing the most harm, as in this chapter with Natalia's being stabbed.

"Sister I am useless without you...if I told anyone else I was fine, no one else but you would insist otherwise...won't you be here to keep me going." Exactly what I've felt about their relationship. Sara was necessary (sword or not) for Natalia's survival, and therefore the kingdom's survival. Part of the issue with shoddy utilitarian thinking is that it's difficult to measure the potential alternative outcomes: yes, things are bad now, but what would have happened to the kingdom if Sara hadn't been there and Natalia had died or been unable to muster the strength to fight? How much worse would things have been then?

That's what Natalia wants Sara to realize. Sara might have saved more of the kingdom, rather than damaged it, because she treated Natalia like a human who needed support and healing, instead of a diety. "A living child of the spirits and her guilt-ridden, sword-wielding nun" is arguably better than "a dead child of the spirits and no sword at all."

Dex-chan lover
just did a re-read of both the serialized version and this and oh man, so similar yet so different! It's amazing how it's improved so much in the serialized version compared to this!

Not that this isn't emotional, it's just the pace and the POV aren't as good as in the serialized version. I don't feel as attach to Sara here, since most of the chapters were in the Princess' POV, so while I do understand Sara's struggle and why she tried to continuously end herself, I don't empathize as much.

Also, I can't believe the next chapter is the last one already!

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread