The Princess of Sylph - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Common Poppy

Dex-chan lover
Gah, the whole chapter is like a balloon of hot air. Give me some proper filling! We get so many glimpses that are left for the "see you next time cowboy" that it's annoying. And now they have approached the subject and chapter just ends. I feel like all my favorite mangas are that way recently.

And that sylph is still around trying to ruin their evening. How about boiling her so she at least let them speak. q_q

Anyway, Thank you for translations!

Group Leader
We get so many glimpses that are left for the "see you next time cowboy" that it's annoying. And now they have approached the subject and chapter just ends.
While the ending is pretty abrupt, I'm positive next time we'll get the full explanation of how Sara got the sword. It might be a 2-parter though.

It's worth noting we're still very much in the introductory stages, before the adventuring begins. The original version sped through explanations to get to the main conflict, while here things are being paced out. Sara taking Sylpheed is simply the catalyst for the story, not the conflict itself. But it's important there remains a bit of suspicion between Sara and Natalia.

In the original, Sara revealing Sylpheed to Natalia happened quite differently, but it did get tied into Sara and Natalia spending the night together (don't get too excited yet) and it looks like that's how things are going here too. Snake Princess is also slipping into her role of dark support character. The resolution doesn't make it easy but she is peeking out of the teapot again on the last page.

R7kX4vk.png

And that sylph is still around trying to ruin their evening. How about boiling her so she at least let them speak. q_q
Funnily enough Kamejiro did answer what would happen if you boiled the snake: she wouldn't feel a thing since it's not her real body. She'd just see a lot of bubbling. Water powers sure are OP for stalking.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why mangaka doing the "mana exhaustion" so detailed like a certain type of tentacle media :thonk:
The snake explict show as pervert to her. Grop over all her body and slowly getting inside her clothe, then the "ritual" that make her passout so hard she can't barely remember what after, and unconsciousness with a very "familiar" facial expression. and then now she have a trauma thinking of the snake with the pervert look with a lot of heart shape emoji.

Is mangaka want to imply that but also think it is way too heavy so it don't make it too expilict so they go "sent you to the Shadow Realm". Like, if you saw the raw and can not get the explaition of "mana exhaustion" it look way too much like "that"

I don't want to think that way but unfortunately i am way too familiar with all these scene to not recognized them
D1mwOT6.png

Banned
I don't want to think that way but unfortunately i am way too familiar with all these scene to not recognized them
i think you actually do and you have a fetish. Can't believe anyone would unironically think she got raped when the aftermath is this light-hearted. Did you even read this chapter? There is only so much you can read into "implications" while it's clearly just a perverted trope.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why mangaka doing the "mana exhaustion" so detailed like a certain type of tentacle media :thonk:
The snake explict show as pervert to her. Grop over all her body and slowly getting inside her clothe, then the "ritual" that make her passout so hard she can't barely remember what after, and unconsciousness with a very "familiar" facial expression. and then now she have a trauma thinking of the snake with the pervert look with a lot of heart shape emoji.

Is mangaka want to imply that but also think it is way too heavy so it don't make it too expilict so they go "sent you to the Shadow Realm". Like, if you saw the raw and can not get the explaition of "mana exhaustion" it look way too much like "that"

D1mwOT6.png
Idk about all of that but I like the image, I'll be borrowing that.

Dex-chan lover
i think you actually do and you have a fetish. Can't believe anyone would unironically think she got raped when the aftermath is this light-hearted. Did you even read this chapter? There is only so much you can read into "implications" while it's clearly just a perverted trope.
first, as i admit above, i familiar with it. but that not prove me "actually do" instead of "don't want to to think of it such way". People can comsume wide range of media bro. Just because i watch horro don't mean i want the slice of life i also watch become some gore. u can be Acholic, or cigarette addict and think it bad for someone esle.

Second, i don't think she got rape, That why i ask, why author use such visual are so like that, instead of calm it for fact. In hope too find some confrimation convince it is otherwise. And idk, sometime wrotter could think something is indeed too heavy and don't want it to be too explict.
Third, shoud it is on me to reconised the samiliar or is it on author to protray it like so ? the author themself, doing very specific visualization here ? if it about she getting all her mana is lost, that is no hard task to just make clear she just get her mana drain out, but here we are.

Banned
first, as i admit above, i familiar with it. but that not prove me "actually do" instead of "don't want to to think of it such way". People can comsume wide range of media bro. Just because i watch horro don't mean i want the slice of life i also watch become some gore. u can be Acholic, or cigarette addict and think it bad for someone esle.

Second, i don't think she got rape, That why i ask, why author use such visual are so like that, instead of calm it for fact. In hope too find some confrimation convince it is otherwise. And idk, sometime wrotter could think something is indeed too heavy and don't want it to be too explict.
Third, shoud it is on me to reconised the samiliar or is it on author to protray it like so ? the author themself, doing very specific visualization here ? if it about she getting all her mana is lost, that is no hard task to just make clear she just get her mana drain out, but here we are.
My bad, i misunderstood you thinking that it was in fact rape. But i for example wasn't thinking about rape at all while reading it. It just isn't that kind of manga. It was "just" perverted molestation.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is so consistently good, I can easily imagine it will be regarded as a classic of the genre after its completed.

Users who are viewing this thread