The Queen - Vol. 1 Ch. 45 - The Struggle for imperial Power

Holy crap! This manga is so intense. I am now 100% sure that I have no idea of who to trust anymore. They all seem like villains now. What I want to know is if Ling Zhi is truely as corrupt as season1 makes her out to be. I need to read something happy now to soothe my soul.

Great manga.

Now I'm excited for Season 2! This series is so damn good, and I cant wait to see what kinds of plots and scheming we get to see in Season 2. I also definitely hope that Ling Zhi becomes the Empress Consort, if not the Empress Regent, so that she can steal power from the scheming bitch trying to turn the little girl against her, probably to only person in the palace that she truly cares for loves and wants to protect.

Double-page supporter
you would think Mnight wrote since there is a new twist every single chapter

Hoho I like this side of Ling Zhi, tre badass. And wow, how easily the maid servant was convinced lol, Ling Zhi best put up at net when you sleep a mosquito is trying to bite you.

This would be way more interesting if the gambles and schemes weren’t revealed in the flashbacks and instead we were invited along with the consort into the full dangerous thrill of competing with a tiger and a dragon.

Dex-chan lover
@DerpySausage Unpopular opinion: They could have just said comic, because we're using English and that's exactly what both of those even mean. The regional variations could be useful for times when you need to express where it's from for whatever reason, like if you were comparing western comics and Japanese ones, but I don't think it'd be strictly necessary every time you have to refer to one of them. Like that post, all they were doing was calling it great. Could've said "Great series," and the exact same point gets across, so how necessary would manga/manhua/manhwa really be?

Fed-Kun's army
@Glomoro fair argument. I personally consider it an important distinction due to the cultural differences between different countries. Japan, China and South Korea are very different countries despite manga, manhua and manhwa being so similar both in name and medium. Their cultures impact the stories they tell in often subtle ways, but keeping in mind which is which will let you notice details you might otherwise miss. It's like calling anime a Japanese cartoon- technically not untrue, but it deprives the medium of context.

God damn..
You know before the big PLOT TWIST, I was thinking this manhua was not keeping up with it's summary promises. It looked like the MC was going to become a pawn of this Emperor or maybe second in command. I never really expected her to go beyond her position as consort. Never an Empress always the Emperor Consort.

I did has some suspicions that the Empress Downgar knew something and I knew she ranked up the MC from just a slave to concubine not just because of how pretty or witty, but because she already knew how she could use her to the Empress's advantage.

The Emperor had been a bit suspicion, like there were moments he should had been more caring, or nicer, or possibly less murderous. However, I never really focused on the Emperor cause I was too focused on understanding MC lady's goals.

Which leads me to think that all my thoughts about her are all wrong. She tricked me from the start. Just as she would have wanted it to be.

Season 1 ended with a climax! I hope that season 2 will continue the storm that is The Queen!

Users who are viewing this thread