The Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion - Vol. 4 Ch. 137

Do you KNOW how happy I got when I saw the priest?? He's the loml, hikimikitiki (I may not remember his name but he IS loml)

Beatrice (OGRae) is an unfortunate case of "villain has a perfectly reasonable motivation but acknowledging that would disrupt the status quo so we just added on some bafflingly evil stuff to fully condemn that point of view." I think it's telling that everyone's ready to call her a bitch when originally she was just trying to escape a genuinely unfair fate that was hoisted on her through no fault of her own. Ironically, this story about a side character capturing the heart of the male lead actually goes to great lengths to say that no, predestined fates cannot be escaped. OGRae will always die, not because she "deserves it," but because the author of this world decided that that was her fate. OGBeatrice always ends up happily with Noah because the author decided that was their fate. From that POV, their love story is pretty shallow and everyone's agency in it is highly suspect.

@k_mari that's a really reasonable explanation. I did think of it that way since it is unfair that OGRae can never truly be happy unless she takes matters int her own hands

:/ regardless of how pitiful Beatrice may be, she directly and indirectly killed so many people. not to mention, she doesn’t seem to feel anything for all the blood on her hands much less be remorseful about her actions. and so I agree with grandad that we should pull out her brains and replace it with feces :) how stinky.

also poor vivian :( she deserves one of those i-went-back-in-time villainess stories except she’s a victim that made bad choices not a bad person with bad motives

Now Justin has to see his sister murdered. This guy cannot catch a break😢. But I’m glad he and the High Priest are here to save the day. Also, I’m very annoyed that the King couldn’t take hold of the situation and no one was even listening to him. Duke Blake has no authority to command knights of the King, so idk why the King couldn’t control everything.

im all for the changing your destiny shit bc that's literally what the mc did that's the entire story...but og rae turned into a cold blooded murderer trampling on innocents to do so...can't be justified no matter her circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread