The Reason Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion - Vol. 4 Ch. 139

what? this kidnapping seems so out of left-field and contrived .... also how could the knights be so incompetent when the situation is so critical??

Double-page supporter
Oooh so somewhere along the way they got switched and here we are now. Lol

Thanks for the chapter Bucci gang

"Is your friend in that body? Or is she in the body's soul?... Because Beatrice is fated to live like that."

That sums it up pretty well I think.
Even tho OG 'Raeliana' ended up in Beatrice body, she couldn't entirely take Beatrice's fate.
Because it's not just the body, the soul matters too.
Our Rae is brave, decisive, clever, just like how book Beatrice was supposed to be.
Noah didn't trust her and went against her in the book and later fell in love, and it happened here too.
Why?
Because our Rae was always the 'fated' Beatrice.

Dex-chan lover
I enjoy this twist for what it is. This has been hinted at for a while when it came to talk of souls.

Gosh, has the author's gone dumb chasing the plot? These past 5 chapters are just DUUUMB....
A regicide and a kidnapping of suspect/witness by another suspect/witness definitely demands a few dozens of heads lopped off of the guards literally if not figuratively...

I imagine the line in black at the end is ordering for Ms. Villain's death. 😖

@kkaces don't you just hate it when authors nuke their characters and the development of said characters in pursuit of their preconceived plot? Heh…🤦

So apparently knights never patrol alone, but well.... if you are going to guard the person suspected of killing the princess 2 is just to much.

Dex-chan lover
@GiGiKat
That really only makes her situation worse, because it also means she threw a loving family out just because of her own selfishness, in many ways the MC got the better deal imo because og beatrice was a orphan i believe.
I do admit her situation was unfortunate, but the story itself proves had she put in the work, she herself could have changed fate, this story could have easily been summed up as her not wanting to put in the work to improve her situation and find her own happiness, fate is technically on her side as she's in beatrice's body, but our mc has proven that fate isn't merely something so simple that can never be overcome (and if i remember right, vivian or whatever the redhead she killed was named, didn't die originally, so she's already screwed over destiny of one person).
I admit that in the original timeline, if this was a typical story her situation would be pitiable and i'd be rooting for her, but she's tried to destroy other's lives for her own benefit instead of trying to improve her own, which makes any sorrow for her situations disappear as she's already proven that fate can work to her benefit if she put the work in, and instead decided to take someone else's happiness for herself instead of improving her own situation, i find her pitiful and in many ways i still feel sorry for her, but she has well and truly crossed the moral event horizon for me.

@ENJAY
Personally i don't even view this as a product of fate, this entire story reads like fate is a guiding stone, but not written law, had she tried to change it in some ways she might have been able to make a better life for herself, as raeliana.

Users who are viewing this thread