The Results of My Author/Classmate Discovering My Yuri Obsession

How does the author not know what yuri is if she's the one who wrote it(or why doesn't she search it up online)?

@meic24 Tachibana (the author) grew up watching friend groups act super intimate. And that became her expectation of normal friendships.

Fed-Kun's army
Having been abused by creators and artists I respected most, fan x writer stuff usually makes me too uncomfortable to enjoy, but this take on the premise is just unique enough to keep me interested despite myself.

tfw you ship characters so proficiently that all your gayest pairings become canon

We all know who will be the top ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Group Leader
https://twitter.com/twi_yon/status/1339051392590295041
26bH4IO.png

It got serialized!

Group Leader
@Donirexian and everyone else who might be confused:

This series was designed to be a short, 30-page test run (not 30 chapters, 30 total pages--so the multi-page chapters count for multiple pages). Think of it like a one-shot, just extended. Just like how one-shots can become actual manga if they're well-received by the public (and the editorial staff approves), this series will now (at least to my understanding, and I'll update this again if I'm wrong) have a normal serialization on the sai-zen-sen webpage. It's still a 4koma, and it's still going to be daily pages (although some series only do dailies from Mon-Fri, which could happen for this series too).

In short, this series normally would have ended on ch23. But because it was well-received, it's been serialized and more chapters are coming. It's not licensed in English, and it'll still be freely available online in japanese, so we'll still be doing fan translations for it.

@mugiwhy just to clarify...

So does that mean that once the serialisation comes out, this page becomes obsolete, meaning that this oneshot/yonkoma will stop here? or is the serialisation going to continue from chapter 23 onwards?

I personally think that the author would have to rewrite the story overall since it's getting serialized... but it would be pretty cool, too, that the story will continue from here.

Group Leader
@Verbalion I honestly have no clue how they'll do things from here on--we'll just have to wait and see. Both options you're mentioning are technically possible: but from many of the other works I've seen, I think it's pretty likely they'll start from the beginning.

In my opinion, though, it would be cool to see a complete reset--if you think about it, the 23 chapters so far haven't really introduced any real plot--a lot of it's been meta jokes or other yuri stuff. It's kind of to be expected since it's a 4koma (and there's honestly nothing wrong with it, it's still awesome), but I think it'd be cool to see a more detailed version of the story (and maybe more details about the characters themselves too) from the beginning. But honestly, they could do whatever and I'll still enjoy it. If they ever announce what they're choosing to do, we'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread