The Revenge Of The Soul Eater - Soul Predators And Girls

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, I liked this one. Guess we're restarting with a different artist, see you in 7+ chapters.

Group Leader
I'm hoping with the restart they do a better job of showing why the people in the town are working against Sora. In the original it felt like the Pitch Meeting explanation of "so the story can happen."
Edit: I also enjoyed the original art style. It was more Berserk like and the restart feels too manga-y.

Last edited:
Edit: I also enjoyed the original art style. It was more Berserk like and the restart feels too manga-y.
Odd, I thought the reboot's art style was a lot more unconventional for a manga.
Also, I'm not sure what you meant by people in town working against Sora. I thought he just got fired from the guild for not meeting their standards, then they tried to sweep the incident with the lord of the flies under the rug to protect their reputation and because Falcon Sword was useful to them.

One thing I do like better about this one is that they put more emphasis on Sora's exile from his homeland. The previous version just skirted that part, but I think it's a bigger deal than his getting kicked out of a party.

Group Leader
Odd, I thought the reboot's art style was a lot more unconventional for a manga.
Also, I'm not sure what you meant by people in town working against Sora. I thought he just got fired from the guild for not meeting their standards, then they tried to sweep the incident with the lord of the flies under the rug to protect their reputation and because Falcon Sword was useful to them.

One thing I do like better about this one is that they put more emphasis on Sora's exile from his homeland. The previous version just skirted that part, but I think it's a bigger deal than his getting kicked out of a party.
I think the new art style is too clean. To me it feels too polished for a gritty revenge story.

It seemed like the receptionist was trying to get him kicked out in the first place and Falcon Sword turned against him pretty hard. It is explained later in the WN though.

I also like how they're putting a little more of his backstory up front. The WN gets into to later and mainly focuses on the the Lord Of The Flies and figuring out his power story first.

Doesn't the novel start with the prologue, which is about him getting kicked off the island?
The receptionist seems to have just been following the guidelines of the guild when she kicked him out, it didn't look personal. She did come across as a bit angry with him, but that's probably because he looked like he was taking advantage of the system to mooch off of the guild.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna miss Sora crazy faces and rants at the top of his lungs from the previous version, but still can't wait to see the new one translated

Users who are viewing this thread