The Revenge of the Soul Eater - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Begging the Dragon

Dex-chan lover
I hope the reboot will be more mature in the writing. The fact that he want revange on everyone when the only responsible is the mage make him like a brat.

"what happened to make him like this"
read chapter 1 you dumb elf cunt.
The only responsible for all of this is the mage. The elf didn't do anything, nor did she know what the mage did before it happened. All there is here is her friend telling different story, why do you want her to believe him and not the other?

Dex-chan lover
What happened with the reboot or whatever rebellion soul eater?

Banned
Hmmmmm, This is just an assumption, but it looks like there are some disagreement between the author and the mangaka or the editorial department?

But hey, at least they're going to reboot the series!
that's different series

Double-page supporter
Well shit... Kinda expected this but at least it's getting a reboot. Plus, I read the web novel so I can still keep up with this series. I wonder how the reboot will be presented...

Dex-chan lover
The emotions is all over the place, i understand the artist want to show Sora as “strong but weird/aloof” but this is just a rollercoaster to nowhere.

It looks more like he is still being eaten in the Lord’s nest and this is his wet dream before dying. Being all powerful and getting revenge on those who “wronged” him.

They way manga presents him is more like a child throwing a tantrum instead of being calculating or strong.

I was hoping the characterisation be better overtime but axe-kun has made up it’s mind.

Thank you TLs ans SLs for the manga.
Having read the novel for a while, it's not really a tantrum at all, he has an almost comically elaborate plan for his revenge that was fun to watch it play out. Shame we won't get to see it with this art style.

All this talk of him being totally insane and twisted really clashes hard with his goofy ass attitude
Reading through the WN the goofin is sorta outta place, but at the same time fitting to the further themes of their bankai/persona/etc.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmmm, This is just an assumption, but it looks like there are some disagreement between the author and the mangaka or the editorial department?

But hey, at least they're going to reboot the series!
What the fuck for tho?

This series was fine...

And now we have to reread the whole thing with slow releases? just to wait to get back to this point.

Possibly with worse writing art and/or story. (cause maybe it didn't get the reception they wanted).

I am suspecting a watered down version... which would piss me off tbh. Probably enough to drop it. (regrettably)

I really don't see any benefit, and only hasty decisions that will doom this story.

Dex-chan lover
Just as she had a shred of likeability... it was ruined by self-preservation.

She only cares about what happened, because she is in danger. Maybe a hint of care... but mostly not wanting her or her friends to die... but probably doesn't care if MC dies.

And now it's fkn rebooted, and probably going to be worse. (I am being cynical so if I am wrong I will be delighted, but if I am right, I won't be as disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the reboot will be more mature in the writing. The fact that he want revange on everyone when the only responsible is the mage make him like a brat.

The only responsible for all of this is the mage. The elf didn't do anything, nor did she know what the mage did before it happened. All there is here is her friend telling different story, why do you want her to believe him and not the other?
Exactly! What's even more evident is how below average(not being able to improve in 5 years) and naive( getting tricked by those criminals in collecting and selling actual illegal plants, drugs!) he was! Yeah, people weren't nice to him...dude, life is a struggle! And most of the people of that world don't have any power! Imagine wanting to harm everyone who was mean to you! The beast is to look at this as if he isn't the MC! If anyone else was the MC, we would look at Sora as some sporadic douche, who got powers by accident and now wants to get revenge for all of his frustration and insecurities! Honestly, I could give Miroslav an almost valid excuse for what she did! Having to choose between the lives of yourself, your party and most importantly the man you love against the life of someone you don't particularly like, and who was already warned to leave that dangerous area? Let's be honest, most of us would do the same!
But Sora is the MC, so we, by default, assume he's in the right...
Ffs I went on another rant!!... and didn't even talked about his family (btw, again, by the island standards and rules were in the right) :02:

Dex-chan lover
Having read the novel for a while, it's not really a tantrum at all, he has an almost comically elaborate plan for his revenge that was fun to watch it play out. Shame we won't get to see it with this art style.
If this manga suppose to help with LN sales, it is not doing any justice whatsoever to the thing you mention.

The tone during the discussion is inconsistence. They can go from worried, goofy, calm, serious and deranged in single monologue.

Plus the girl and the party leader already admitted she did attack MC, next chapter MC says they did not do that. Like, what? I get that MC’s request of killing her is being rejected but come on.

I guess we have to wait next reboot to polish it a bit more.

Dex-chan lover
hopefully the reboot will have better pacing per chapter, and less out-of-place goofiness. one moment its edgy, the next moment its gag comedy dumb expression

the revenge and his mental state when serious is actually good, but this adaptation keep getting tonal whiplash it feels weird.

Dex-chan lover
heard this was axed years ago
then randomly saw it getting translated again and thought oh its back? were those just rumors
now the last page says may 11th...
there's still an ongoing tag...
so did it come back after a few years and then was cancelled?
or...

Dex-chan lover
heard this was axed years ago
then randomly saw it getting translated again and thought oh its back? were those just rumors
now the last page says may 11th...
there's still an ongoing tag...
so did it come back after a few years and then was cancelled?
or...

Last volume got published Dec '22, and the May 11th was when the serialisation ended. The other stuff was presumably referring to the LN, where Volume 8 got published sometime in July, but the author hasn't been active on their twitter since then. So no idea what's going on there.

As to the revenge, and responsibility... Nobody explored. Nobody except Lunamaria lent a kind word. Everyone called him a parasite, rather than looking at any of his strengths. The manga didn't go into much detail, which is a problem, but the guild did their best to shut him down, specifically. And while the mage was indeed the direct reason he ended up the way he did... There's a lot of responsibility to spread around, including his homeland. Of course, the manga wouldn't get that far in the current climate, nowhere near, nor would it get to any of the larger plot.

But during that revenge, you end up seeing the hypocrisy, how the guild still tries to stack the odds (another reason Sora didn't press things, because he knew he was going to be shut down by the guild master. Again, made unclear in the manga, which is a problem.) A common thread is that nobody except Lunamaria, those whose shit already got wrecked, and those who are on the verge of their shit getting wrecked acknowledges that he came back stronger. They assume.

Life is, indeed, a struggle. But that doesn't make being kicked down, repeatedly, any less of a raw wound, and it doesn't make the desire for vengeance (and, to some extent, acknowledgement) less understandable.

But, as has been noted, this has the axe, and anybody who wasn't interested still won't be, for the most part, and anybody who is has found and checked out the webnovel or the light novels, further being filtered from there to those who find it interesting for at least a couplea volumes. Personally, I find it a shame, because there are bigger things going on after, and there's also going back to his homeland, who... Treat him no differently. In fact, I'd argue they treat him worse.

I actually like the weird comedy inserts. I found it both jarring and out of place, but the author's other work "Youjo Senki" had similar stuff that happened during serious discussions. Sad to see this go but will enjoy it if it can come back better then ever.
The only one that felt really out of place for me was the one where he got hit by the door. The rest seems to blend in fine with me. Sad that it got canceled. Didn't get revenge on that mage girl, which I was really hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread