The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Two-Headed Black Dog

his image as a dark hero that's been disadvantaged by the world and the poeple around him is kind of starting to weaken tbh. I mean yeah compared to the other heroes he really drew the short straw, but compared to the rest of the world he might actually still be better of than most. and he even has his cute racoon-girl companion.... to be fair he still has the right to be edgy in my opinion

Dex-chan lover
Raphtalia is such a cute kid. I hope in the side stories that they are making they keep her as a kid for a bit

@captain_crunch I kinda wonder if the shield hovers at a set distance from his body and it can basically be slid anywhere otherwise how would he get changed and perform other tasks which require more are freedoms

So, her parents died a typical, pointless death. Instead of grabbing her and jumping from the cliff together with her, they push her off deciding it's better for themselves to be eaten. Jumping from cliffs isn't a good idea. If it wasn't for plot armour, she'd likely die. If you're going to risk your daughter's life with a stupid plan like that, then jump in with her to give her the best chance in case she, I don't know, gets knocked unconscious, needs a meat cushion against the rocks or can't swim when fully clothed (clothes are damn heavy when wet).

@Perim And the dog will just stay there and let them go... Not like it would jump after the 3 of them. However this way, by the time it finished them, the girl was out of sight, and her scent (dog, remember?) was long gone within the water.

Double-page supporter
@Excaseusfortis You gotta admit it's damn useful. He basically has free rope he can use whenever, and the rope shield is what gives him the ability to use Air Strike Shield. He may only have just a shield, but I'd take a shield with that much versatility rather than a plain sword that can only cut or stab.

Just finished watching the anime for a second time and now I am here.

I am thrilled to see where this goes after season 1 of the anime ended

Dex-chan lover
these shield transformations are the dumbest shit ever, just like batman's utility belt lmao
why doesn't he have a sword shield tho
or a shield with spikes

Aggregator gang
The most useful of equipment my party has ever had in d&d was our 40ft rope.

Users who are viewing this thread