The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 15 Ch. 60 - United Front

Nod

@Blindreaper but the waves do affect the citizens. Raftilia's parents and entire beastman community was abandoned and thus wiped out by one. One of the ways Naofumi has gained follows is by being the only hero who bothers to protect and evacuate civilians assaulted by monsters during the waves. The waves also aren't like duels, if anything their like a competition of global endurance. Both worlds are supposed to fend off their waves until one ultimately gives out and is destroyed by them. The one the doesn't gets to live until the next cycle. Heroes aren't supposed to be world jumping into each others waves to try and kill the opposing team. If L'arc and co where interested in giving Naofumi side a fighting chance, and wanted to keep their hands clean of as much blood as possible, they'd just stay in their world and fight against their own waves. It's one thing if defending yourself from a wild animal causes it to eat the guy next to you instead, it's quite another to save yourself by pushing the other guy into the animal's maws. Which to be clear IS L'arc and co entire plan.

Pure, unrepentent, shit-slathered hypocrisy.

lamp-shaded with a reaction shot of the gang and half-assed comment from the cartoon villain, regardless, that was a fucking awful move. Make them hate eachother! Make it for revenge! Make it for killing this guy X or fucking up this plan Y. Anything, anything at all but this.

Finishing it with magic plot-tentacles and a trite speech about "real strength". I think people are over-reacting about an overall decline in writing quality, but this was coronavirus grade toiletpaper.

Aggregator gang
Coming from reading the wn, I must say I'm disappointed in the arc...I knew the author changed quite a few things in the ln and I'm reading it now in the manga, I'm sure it must have been a decision or advice from the editor, the wn had it's plot holes but never to the degree of being fuxking stupid and it was a little darker in certain parts, it just mellowed in the last arcs it had....

I must say, this has become quite the bore to read...

Looks like everyone has hammered the author on this too. The enemy heroes wouldn't care about the book hero killing civilians, since one world is going to die out in the end anyway. Using an existing monster to tie up your enemies is actually a pretty decent plan. Too bad the book hero had pig teammates, as they'd say in a Chinese novel. The WN had a lot of issues, but this is even worse. Damn, glad I just skimmed to this chapter.

I love how everyone just comments so rudely hahah... we really can't have nice things huh

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, I think people in the comments are overreacting on how bad it is lmao. Sure, it's not good, but it's still pretty fun to read

Supporter
What is Glass even on about? Innocents being killed?

If the world is destroyed by the waves innocent people will die.

Users who are viewing this thread