The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 15 Ch. 62 - Ost Hourai

Bruh, reset his skill. This might take another 300 chapter for this manga to end and it means 25 yes lol. I'll just read LN then.

I think I’m okay with how abruptly the turtle arc ended which immediately leads to a new one in the same chapter. My problem though is, what’s supposed to happen? Why does Naofumi care that this guy went back to his world? Why should we care?

Welp I’m dropping this. The story has been pretty uninteresting for over 30 chapters now and I’ve stopped caring about literally all the characters except for Naofumi and Raphtalia. Now I’m supposed to believe that he cares about this random turtle lady enough to leave his world and go to another one to get revenge?? Terrible writing, what a joke. Also there are way too many irrelevant side characters. They took a half interesting manga and just totally ruined it.

Dex-chan lover
@Groceries

hard to say. Seems like a lot of the problems come from the weird pacing of the manga adaption rather than were the light novel goes. If you ask me, what's coming up was a really good part of the novel and a major improvement for the plots development, world, and the characters. A character that's the leader of glasses group that's about to be introduced, along with the rest of them, did a lot to balance out the cast and the stuff that's happening now and later on is much more important for the plot than what was going on with the king and church in the first arc. It also does a lot to ground Naofumi in the world, opening him to the idea of building a place for himself there.

However, all that might not mean anything if the adaption keeps being wonky. I mean, in the light novel, you could tell that Nao was opening up to Ost and learned some significant things from her. Yet, I don't really get that impression from the manga. The fights also don't feel like much is happening here while they felt pretty significant in the light novel.

Basically, at this point, I would say that anyone thinking of dropping after this part probably should drop the manga but try reading volume 7 of the light novel. It's the section of story we just covered so if you like that version better, you should just keep reading the light novel and ignore the manga.

i think im dropping this garbage, this makes no sense and its getting worse with every chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis

Thanks for the info. I might be screwed then. I don't read light novels because my elementary-level brain needs pictures. 😆

Group Leader
What are the chances the author played dark souls with tihs world invasion feature? lol

Dex-chan lover
@NotALewdGuy

The light novels way better in my opinion. The ending is consistently built up too, a bunch of characters such as L'arc were added to balance out the cast and have competent people who get along with Naofumi but don't worship him, the other heroes aren't just randomly dumb but have specific personality problems (I bring it up again and again here but Ren was suppose to recognize Naofumi's point when he was accused of kidnapping Melty and spent the fight protecting her from bitch).

Overall, the light novel is a huge improvement over the webnovel in my eyes. It has direction, it isn't just there to wank and Naofumi's point of view is challenged and corrected by others.

Users who are viewing this thread