The Role of the Villainess Is No More! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I like the mc. She's responsible. And seems level headed. Unlike most dumb villainess mcs nowadays... Oof. But then again, it's only been ch 1 so... Can't really say. I hope she keeps her head straight

Dex-chan lover
God, I understand where those knights are coming from but all she said was some words and she's already been out ished for it by having her last name taken away and is forced to serve as a maid. All these knights teaming up and bullying her doesn't make them any better than her and a squadron of guys teaming up in one girl must make them feel so good about themselves. I hope that Wolf guy gets his shit kicked in.

Supporter
Too rushed for my liking, I suppose. Not saying the author has to drag the facade out for 2000 chapters but geez 1 chapter is too fast.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't understand these worlds. A duke should quite literally have equal, if not, almost as much power as royalty. In terms of military and political power, it should be near equivalent. So I don't understand why princes and kings would commit political suicide by banishing or demoting a duchess. It doesn't work that way in real life. That's basically the King usurping or denying noble privilege (especially since harassment =/= attempted murder or assassination). By doing so, the Royalty is basically starting a cold war with the other nobility, and that's the reason why the Magna Carta existed or how revolutions and civil wars start. In many cases, or almost all cases, the power of all the nobles combined is greater than the Royalty.

Its like Japanese villainess writers don't understand basic noble politics whenever they banish a dukes daughter for harassment and expect it to actually happen.

@Aurorastar Even if it's only one chapter so far, it's better than most other villainess mangas who have a fl that's dumb and that seems to have nothing in their brain... not even able to act like a villainess despite wanting to be one - like they have a 12y or 14y old mind which has barely any common sense.... °-°
At least chapter one has a bit of a promising air vwv

Dex-chan lover
Eh... she knows she can just say no and be exiled or something else instead, right?
People in these stories always act like they have no choice when there is nothing forcing them to do anything other than the plot...

@Xeredge
Why does it matter that they are "guys" instead of "girls"?
Would it make the situation better if they were female for some reason?
Or is it just that such petty behavior is to be expected of women but it is expected better from men?

Dex-chan lover
@hedgemoney : That and if the Duke has any backbone, he would have demanded an appology and compensation for the insult from the "heroine"s family long before it got to the annulment stage. Plus the king should under no circumstances accept the new girl as a replacement fiance, since she knows nothing about how to act in their culture, and is a nothing but huge liability.

@hedgemoney you can't expect people who call all early modern era as medival europe to have any knowledge on how nobility, their politics and their etiquete works
what irks me more in those kind of stories is how those high nobles and royals almost never use proper language but plebian slang filled with modern references not fit for the times they try to represent
they could at least try to imitate something alike

Double-page supporter
These stories may be influenced by medieval Europe, but they are most definitely NOT medieval Europe.
Though usually when these villainesses get condemned and demoted, their family is often in on the condemnation because they're just "that evil".

Dex-chan lover
Villainess got thrown out for verbal harrassment? Let's talk trash about her behind her back cause we're totally different from her cause we keep it discreet LOL.

Dex-chan lover
The translation is...messy, really.

Like, in the very first page, where the TL put her name is supposed to be "Poisonous Flower" that goes onto page 2 ("Such was the nickname of the Duke's daughter - Lefina Aiferia")

Sometimes I wonder if the MTLers even read the source, since a lot of these mistakes seem to stem from lacking context from actually reading the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Drop the riding crop you old vulture and you'll be allowed to keep that arm. 😡

Double-page supporter
It’s only the first chapter and i already wish the head maid was fired already.

lol wtf at least make it more believable what the fuck is even going on. So apparently her "bullying" amounts to nothing but fucking a few words of verbal harassment. How the fuck does that get a duchesses demoted to a commoner? Also if you are a duchal family you are supposed to be like the most powerful after the royal family. One way to easily justify this and add more logic would just be have the royal family be worried about The duchal's family power trying to find some reason to curb the duke's power . That or ramp up her bullying. make it so she does some truely vile shit that really warrants the punishment, like bordering treason or some shit. That would add more depth and difference between her pre and post "gods mission" phases.

Users who are viewing this thread