The Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose!

Banned
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Fed-Kun's army
I have started the novel, so far its promissing, only problem is
the childhoodfriend is a sceemer and all involved in the love triangle (or what ever shape it will be in the end) will suffer mental damage.

I hate this. Like what fucking revenge is there to get. No one did anything wrong. Except the MC for being a prick for calling that girl a slut for dating someone other than him. MC is a classic "nice guy". Gets mad for getting friendzoned after he friendzones the girl that actually likes him.

Maybe the the title is accurate and the childhood friend finds someone that isn't a total dick bag.

Dex-chan lover
Just came from the succubus and angel body-swapping manga and read, "Romcoms were a mistake" from their credit page. After reading this, I couldn't agree more.

I've never hated the MC so much in such a short amount of time before like what the fuck. Literally has no positive traits or reasons why people should like him in the first place. Classic nice-guy attitude and being possessive of someone who was never his. If there's anyone I'm rooting for, it's for the childhood friend to cuck the MC and go for someone who actually has personality. jfc I've never dropped a manga so fast

revenge huh i bet that shirokusa is actually also his osananajimi or some kind of 'childhood-connection' or maybe he mistook her as a dude like tomodachi ga tsukunai (i don't remember the title) or she was simply forced to crossdressing or something but wait that can't possible be since she have her gravure photo-shoot . if that true i also bet that the two of them are plotting the same thing i.e. he confesses to shirokusa then get rejected , or he confesses to kuroha then get rejected , thus completing love triangle of rejection . or LN reader can confirm me in PM ?

Reading the Light Novel the story does get more interesting after this first bit. I feel bad for the MC a bit but after reading the light novels it caught my attention
Both girls the one who he likes and the girls presented as his childhood friend are both childhood friends of his. The girls hate each other so far since they both like him and see the other as the enemy. They are upset at the MC for different reasons and are trying to punish him but regret punishing him because it drives him away from them. The dark haired girl has a doll that looks like him that she sleeps with in the LN.

Contributor
This seems to start with the essential mistake of making the childhood friend a less likable character than the other love interest. The traditional refrain of "why does the childhood friend never win" was born from those instances where the childhood friend was the more sympathetic and compelling character, surely?

Whereas it seems like this is more for... those folks who are just into a certain very particular childhood-freind archetype that shows up in shounen romcoms, usually of the ecchi variety. A nearly zero-percent-believable harem character. This manga seems to be for those people who are frustrated that that particular two-dimensional wish-fulfillment childhood friend character tends not to win...

(This is all aside from the consideration that the protagonist isn't especially likable. That was sort of a forgone conclusion from the start, given the genre this turns out to be in. Well, either he'll have a little bit of character growth, or, more likely, he won't.)

Users who are viewing this thread