The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 15 Ch. 43 - Preparation to Move Forward III

Supporter
They are all F-ing insane. I cannot wait to see the future chapter retrospective from the reporters.

Rereading that ad for recruits Tanya sent for the 203th only makes me wonder if Tanya is always misundertood or simply if everyone around is just a cobble of warmonger freaks :p ( and yes, I know that the ad is pretty much a carbon copy of a RL bad@ss antartic explorer :p )

Dex-chan lover
it indeed is shock and awe to whoever came up with that plan

Aggregator gang
@puncherofdonkeys (I'm assuming ending of operation shock and awe, if it's about the ending of the entire story idk and apologize for this blob of text)
just think about it:
strategic retreat creating a void
enemy fills that void, falling behind on supporting it's frontline
enemy frontline far from enemy support hq, lessening military power around enemy support hq
'sneak' attack enemy support hq

What's the result of all this? what options does this give your frontline?
As the goal was luring the enemy into that void, what could you have done (think of as many things as you can) with this void that used to be 'safe' behind your frontline, whilst still pulling the enemy in?

It is a chapter like this that reminds me strongly of Hellsing Ultimate with the carnivorous expressions of the characters before their fights to the death.

And it's really enjoyable: D

Group Leader
Well... we know how the war, as a whole, ends. Ch9 is written from the viewpoint of 40 years after the war ended, in 1967: "Then what will your narrative be like? Portray the Empire as the evil loser?" On top of that, D-E-G-U-R-E-C-H-A-F-F (or so we're lead to believe... could be another 11-letter identifier) falls into obscurity due to a mix of the Empire's records being destroyed and extreme amounts of redacting.

Dex-chan lover
After all of these operations, if the 203rd mage wing doesn't all get a freaking bucket of medals each, then who would even get those?

Dex-chan lover
headquarters: Have you seen that weird ass movie about some guys cannon balled into the fucking moon? Well...

The plan has 3 phase from what i understand.
1. Phase withdraw to create void for the enemy to occupy, while in the process of occupying the void the enemy will stretch their supply line and make it vulnerable to an enemy attack, thus they need to protect it but because all available men is used for the push to the void they use all of the reserve men to protect the supply line, thereby weakening the headquarter of the enemy.
2.Phase attack the enemy headquarter by using a shock or commando troops by using long range transport (in this case rocket) and cause as much havoc as possible to cut the enemy ability to command, by doing this the enemy pushing army at tactical level will lose strategic situation and immidiately stop to confirm order or to reorient their situation.
3.phase while enemy stop in confusion on unfamiliar terrain undefended(not digging in) with streeched supply line and command in chaos, spring counter attack as fast as possible by flanking and initiate breakthrough to encircle the enemy thereby destroying the entire army.

Dex-chan lover
@Kurano

That's how the anime divided it. This chapter had step 2 as preparation of the rockets and step 3 as the decapitation tactic itself.

But to give an example.
Imagine two people fighting in the same place they've been fighting in for years, they know every inch of that land.
Then one day, one of them suddenly retreats into the darkness.
The other guy of course has to follow him, so he does, but he's not used to the new terrain.
So then a friend of the first guy comes out of the darkness and hits him in the head with a sledgehammer, knocking him to the ground, twitching.
Then he whistles and summons the first and several other people and they all kick the hell out of the now unconscious, twitching person on the ground.

Dex-chan lover
Most of the recent chapters are really long, I was surprised it was a reasonable 30 pages.

Users who are viewing this thread