The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 16 Ch. 44 - Open Sesame I

OMG that deadpan on page 63 is the most beautiful one I've ever seen.

Dex-chan lover
mofo kerbal rocket with moar boosters 🤣
also 1st time "evangelion" was used in a sentence that was not about neon genesis evangelion as far as i know

Fed-Kun's army
This is war my gurl. Your dad died. But you dad killed people too. And those family of the people your father killed, also hate your dad with all of their life.

Blaming and calling someone devil when your dad is the same kind of devil is pathetic

@Nekoriz She should really blame the gods for letting the war unfold. Or maybe it was the gods that started the war, given how capable they are of manipulating people, including those higher in the chain of command.

I believe it is also stated at an older chapter (can't remember) that the gods prefer wartime due to soldiers being more faithful and reliant on them.

I don't quite understand why people love Tanya yet hate Mary. You guys do realize Tanya is a high functioning sociopath that doesn't value people's lives in the slightest?

Dex-chan lover
@Kingkolkappi Tanya is crazy, but she's doing whatever she can to survive the curse placed on her by 'God' simply because he felt like it. So, she's acting quite reasonably, humanly. Mary is just a blind, ignorant, self-righteous little girl that got lucky (in blessings). Blindly devoted to her 'God' that she have no clue of, ignorant to the fact that the empire did not attack, but was instead attacked and self-righteously condemning another as evil and that she is the good that must cleanse it. Oh, I guess you can add delusional too.

Dex-chan lover
@Kingkolkappi Like what @IMACOP say, tanya at last realistic and pragmatic in her situation also she pretty much do whatever she need to survive in hell cauldron called war, set aside its true she kinda crazy and sociopath at last she didnt dumb like mary. See the way marry say "i will defeat empire so no beraved family like me again" out right idiot since she pretty much will do what tanya did except different target. If you can say one good think about her feel free since i couldnt

By virtue of simply being the antagonist to the story, I don't like Mary. But it has to be said that her ideas of "stopping the empire from making more bereaved families like hers" isn't simply born from the stupid childishness of her mind. It's easy for us in our times of peace today (though it may not apply everywhere) to simply sneer at her, but grown ass adults can easily conjure such ideas during such scenarios. Extremes situations like war easily exposes the fragility and weakness of the human psyche, and in their case, the war was brought to their recognition by the news of Col. Sue's death. There is no doubt that she IS naive and stupid borne out of inexperience, both in life and the realities of war. But her self-righteous tribalistic ideas are more than just hers.

Dex-chan lover
honestly this kid has absolutely no right to be angry at MC, the unified states aren't even in the war meaning her dad must have been in a volunteer corp sent over so he wasn't even drafted and ordered away he 100% did it on his own so him going there and dying is 100% his own fault. she should be angry at her dad not at MC for defending her country from invading powers...

@Doomer
It's true that Mary Sue has no right being angry with the Tanya, but you made a mistake about her nationality. She's not from the US, she's from the Entete Alliance, the country that first pushed it's army into the Empire territory and started the whole war.

Users who are viewing this thread