The Saga of Tanya the Evil

Double-page supporter
You know I decided to go glance at the anime.... well we got one good thing out of it a really fucking good song

Is this any good? I only read the first 2-3 chapters when they first came out and didn’t really enjoy it. Does it get better? I only came back to this because I saw the really high rating of over 9.

And so begins the collapse of the Great Kaissereich, The great Empire! The grandest of Not-Europe's territories. Weep my brothers, for some twat's about to come and shoot us.

Double-page supporter
Hey I have question how is this nazis if there’s still a very rich royal family? Wouldn’t that mean it’s a monarchy and not dictatorship not that those are very different. I keep seeing people saying the empire is nazis which may I point out formed because Germany lost ww1

@immortalartisan
Hey I have question how is this nazis if there’s still a very rich royal family? Wouldn’t that mean it’s a monarchy and not dictatorship not that those are very different. I keep seeing people saying the empire is nazis which may I point out formed because Germany lost ww1

Well without wanting to sound mean about it... its because alot of people have very limited understanding of history. Ergo they see a German uniform and think: "Oh! Nazis!"
Always bugs me alot because its like looking at an american war of independence soldier and going: "Oh! American Civil War!"

But in all "fairness" I suppose considering the short amount of time between WW1 and WW2 the style of uniforms didnt change that much so if you only look at it superficially (and dont know all that much about the history ofc) people might not notice the differences.

Also I suppose "Nazi-loli" has a catchy ring to it and sticks with people...

@immortalartisan

Oh I certainly feel you man :D

Anime reviews on youtube etc have been particularly aggravating imo. Alot of it is down to the "12 episode syndrome" ofc, since the anime had to cut so damn much of the substance of the story that Tanya in particular becomes a very different character all together. But also in general people without any historical knowledge talking about a series like this ... ouch. Maybe they should stick to the more "standard" isekai tales with elves and undead ;P

Then again: If this story peaks their interest in learning about the actual real WWs thats a good thing...

Dex-chan lover
oof i dont really like the drawing... Tanya really different here from the Anime, i like all of the character from the anime

My goodness! Tanya is adorable in chapter 5, in the footage captured by enemies and watched in briefing. No wonder she was so angry at Being X! I actually laughed.

@zeever
oof i dont really like the drawing... Tanya really different here from the Anime, i like all of the character from the anime

I mean... no arguing taste I suppose, but I do have to post this:

https://i.imgur.com/molOI5y.jpg

and for some laughs also this: (though I dont find the anime that bad...)

https://preview.redd.it/xybbd7duteo...bp&s=82440e93fb5d6bee4c3a8139b21042e1404c7757

Anyway what Im getting at... most people would disagree with you on what is the better design. And not just those two characters btw. Zettour looks odd in the anime, as does Reugen/Lergen. Its mainly the hairstyle. They are in the freaking MILITARY after all... in a WW1 setting and not some future scifi-punk aesthetic military ... letting girls keep longer hair I can see... but not the men. No way in hell that flies by regulations.

Users who are viewing this thread