The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.3 - Another Saintess Part 3

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan Not without fault? What is she supposed to figure out, really? She's a teenager that was stolen from her life and thrown into a situation where she has no real options for making her own way in the world. And despite trying to be diligent and do everything that's asked of her, she's still getting treated badly. Everything about her situation is profoundly unfair.

Double-page supporter
@kaminomikan The typical 16 year old, Japanese, female, highschooler in the modern age probably has no idea how to make a living in what is presumably a medieval based fantasy setting as well as cook, and interact with what is basically royalty. But yea she should try to "figure things out."

I feel bad for her. She didn't ask to be a saintess or even to be kidnapped. And it shows what a terrible person the prince is because even if he felt guilty about the situation, he should've helped her get acclimated by helping her with getting to know people than just isolating her. I feel like Aira and Sei should get together and actually talk because I feel like Aira is going to break down at some point. LIke Sei is probably the ACTUAL saintess, while Aira is the unfortunate one stuck in the middle.

Thanks for the release.
It is nice to see things with Aira point of view. =)

But wouldn’t this whole situation be solved if she knows she’s not alone in that world? Like knowing that there was another girl dragged there with her, and since she is older than her they can start to be friends and rely on each other. I found this much more easier than a stupid prince try to act on his ideals...

Fed-Kun's army
@StrudelQueen Well, there is a lot that happens in between it.... However,
When it becomes officially known that Sei is indeed the Saintess, the only one to actually have a problem with that is the prince, even to go as far as go against his father(the king) while at the same time still trying to drag Aria into it. Not to sure about the following part but I did read it somewhere -- If I'm not mistaken I think the prince maybe loses his claim to the throne? When it gets to that point Aria has some type of break down and that's when Sei steps in to help her

Double-page supporter
Stupid prince -_-
Just disinherit and kick him out of royal capital pliz. He deserve that much after not apologize to sei (even his father and nobles already aplogize straight to her but he didnt even meet sei. Wth)

Anyway thank you Fanicorn Translation to update 3 chapters at same time. Youbreally know that we wont be satisfied with 1 super-short chapter ><

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03 @StrudelQueen
What happens is due to a specific event during another subjugation done by the knights. Sei along with Hawk and the Head Court Magician find a swap of miasma. Sei during this time activates the Saintess's unique magic/ability/technique that purifies miasma and demon beats in her surroundings.

Shortly after this, everyone treats Sei reverently and it eventually reaches Idiot Prince's ears. He doesn't like this and due to his thinking that Aira is the Saintess, he believes that the kingdom itself is trying to calm the masses by propping up a fake Saintess. He gets into an argument with his own fiancee, Liz, in public about it. It almost becomes a scandal at this point that the king gets involved soon after.

After the king basically layeth the smackdown by words to his own son. Especially pointing out that Sei has done all these achievements while Aira hasn't done anything at all. Sei is officially recognized as the Saintess thanks to the Head Court Magician confirming it in public.

The end result: Crown Prince and his group of guys are placed under house arrest, he doesn't lose his claim on throne I believe. But the second Prince is tasked to watch over Aira instead. So Crown Prince's reputation is somewhat shot a bit at this point. He doesn't show up at all in later volumes.

Aira herself consults with Sei and Liz about things and later wishes to join the Mages Division. With the help of Liz, Aira's school life turns around and she makes quite a few friends with the girls.

Dex-chan lover
It’d be nice if they didn’t drag that dumb prince trope for too long...

Fed-Kun's army
@Eclat123 Because, at least manga wise, he is an idiot who messed up and doesn't know how to make it right. I mean lets put it this way.

You are the prince
Your country knows very little about the summoning process but you need it with what little to go by there is
You go through with it
And there sits a girl (in this translation/manga he doesn't even notice the other one)
Dire times required it, but still a girl breaking down in front of you because of your need...
Its also likely the first time he was party to an action he took/was taken around him, that didn't have a clean "I punished the bad" or "I helped the good".
There may have been bits of grey here and there, but this is likely the first big grey area he encountered.
He has no real way to make it right, he has no way to know if she can go back, so what does he do?
He makes an attempt to help her.
He is a prince, he likely has had tons of people try to use him, or has seen people act shitty to those who he dies value.
In an effort to say sorry, he tries to make what process she needs to do for the world as easy as he can.

He is assuming people are shitty when they aren't, and is assuming the worst likely because he has had to deal with people who spent years hiding their true intentions.
His marriage to the francee is likely one that is political more so from love. they may like each other a bit, or be content with each other but little more than that.
And there you go, that's how the current situation comes to be.
But he is trying, just also failing at the same point.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, poor Liz unknowingly ended up as the not-actually-a-villainess character wronged by the moronic prince. Liz deserves better. And Sei should just show up, slap the shit out of the prince, mentor Aira herself, and eventually find a way back to their world.

And take Hawk-sama with her.

Users who are viewing this thread