The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 8 Ch. 34 - The flower of the saintess is all around

Dex-chan lover
That point is a turning point in games as well. You go from, "I can save my resources until I really need them," to, "Okay, fuck this, this is serious mode."

Is there's a significant different between "observe" and "watch"? It's still patently clear what he's doing.

I like that she's actually doing saintess stuff. A lot of the time, it's just a title and it's nothing more than some kind of extra powerful mage.

Having read the novel, where’s the time between the swamp and reviving the forest?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Is there's a significant different between "observe" and "watch"? It's still patently clear what he's doing.
In their meanings, not really. However, "observe" has a much colder and more clinical feel than just "watch." It's going to differ from person to person, but you don't usually hear "observe" unless it's for an evaluation, like a nurse observing your condition in a hospital, or a superior observing how you do your job.

Dex-chan lover
but you don't usually hear "observe" unless it's for an evaluation, like a nurse observing your condition in a hospital, or a superior observing how you do your job.
My point is, isn't it obvious that's what he as doing, though?

Dex-chan lover
My point is, isn't it obvious that's what he as doing, though?
I think the difference comes down to judgement/criticism which "observing" implies more than "watching". He caught himself treating Sei like one of his underlings and shifted to something less stress-inducing.

I think the difference comes down to judgement/criticism which "observing" implies more than "watching". He caught himself treating Sei like one of his underlings and shifted to something less stress-inducing.
Probably the original Japanese used "kansatsu" instead of "miru", and as Vsmit said there's a difference of intent. In Japanese the intent and use might be more distinct than in English, so you really will only hear the first used in a "you're a test subject" kind of context.
Another reason it works better in Japanese is a difference of grammar. The verb in this case can be the first word in the sentence, and the level of rudeness - "I'm monitoring you, underling" versus "let me do this" - comes later, so he barely starts the sentence before catching himself and changing everything about it.

Dex-chan lover
So, this is a little tongue in cheek, but if her power comes from her feelings of love, the need to import the saintess from Japan all makes sense now.

I mean, when it comes down to it, given how her power works, Sei is a Mahou Shoujo.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if there will be the day I'll be seeing Sei and Hawkes will gonna get married and have kids before I die. @.@

Users who are viewing this thread