The Second Coming of Gluttony - Vol. 1 Ch. 45

You literally can't understand the threat or how he completed the impossible mission without reading the WN/LN, what the fuck is the artist even thinking. This is like a fans only webtoon I have no idea how newbies can make sense of any of this.

Dex-chan lover
i know that the last chapter cause of fan, the mangaka-nim rusher the arc but NotLikeThis please
i literally cant understand the motive at all, how did the mc clear the impossible mission? what makes 'it' become impossible mission?
what Seora did in last chapter after getting recovered? what happen with burrito? WTF MAN

Fed-Kun's army
I am still waiting this to get good... 45 chapters weekly is almost one year, the characters are completely empty and everything feels rushed. And no, sorry, i won't read the novel, this is a webtoon and should tell the story by itself.

The part of him saying his full name had a lot of meaning behind it, but here its just removed. To those who want to know,
He was a gambling addict as we already know, and he started to refuse using his family name because he was the failure and shame of the family and became embarassed of calling himself by the full name, so naturally he was known as just Seol.
Its a shame nothing was shown in the impossible mission, we not even know what the enemy was, neither how it looked like.

Wow......they really cut a lot of thing from the novel didn't they.....for fuck sake.......why......

@BOTMAN sadly you won't know a lot of details about him man cause the webtoon version of it blows~But you do you man~If you ever change your mind one day to wanted to read the novel,you'll find out more about our boi here and his adventure~If only they done this like the novel does.....

I sure am glad I got into the novel a dozen or so chapters back, it is infinitely better than this.

Dex-chan lover
@kazundetec
@ZookaDex

from what i gatherd, he used his super special scroll to win the mission without doing anything.
the scroll was basically a blank card that transforms into a spell that is "the most needed", so it became an level 12 "earthquake" spell that destroyed everything in the area.
Thus winning the mission, without doing anything ( but again i did not read the novel so i could be wrong )

if you played hearthstone it works a bit like "Zephrys the Great" giving you something that it deems most useful for your current situation.

but yeah, its pretty clear even if i have never read the novel that a lot of things were skipped as a lot of things seems to be missing or don't make sense.
( or it could also be REALLY bad writing like it was for "Reincarnated as a barrier master", its one of the worst written novels i have read that got adapted into a manga )

Dex-chan lover
@Halo

Asking couse i never read the novel.
Do you get to know what happend to the boy and burito man ?
Also while im at it, what's the best missed moment according to you ?

I have seen alot of people gripe over the adaption being terrible, and while i have not read it myself I do know the feeling from reading "Long live the king"
Its manga adaptation genderbends like half the cast to women for no reason. ( among the worst offenders is a 80 year old scholar who got bent into a loli witch )

This
Into
This
13.jpg
Also yes that is the MC crossdressing in the background.... there is a legit explanation for it in the manga ( even if its stupid af )

This also makes the names and the habbits of alot of the manly men turns women/lolis quite...... strange....
Let me tell you its quite something to see a little loli flexing on people when you know they are supposed to be a 2 meter muscle hulk of a man....
I mean sure the novel is pretty trashy to begin with.... but the adaptation is horrendous and just makes it even worse.
But i digress.....

I might consider reading the novel if it really is THAT big of a difference, I usually prefer reading the manga/comic/ whatever the adaptation with pictures is called:
But I might make an exception if it really is that big of a deal as i do like the story so far at least.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal
The Boy and burrito never happened. In the novel
the broken arm girl fought off this dude herself, albeit miserably. At the end of this arc, the thot and her Mexican friend, which never got called "burrito", got gloriously beaten up and then killed. Happens in chapter 40, but you might won't understand what's going on since this whole part was skipped in the webtoon
Also while im at it, what's the best missed moment according to you ?
Not exactly a moment, but in the webtoon you didn't get to see how MC worked in a party to complete really difficult missions.
You don't know just how freaking insane that impossible mission was. The meaningful and important interactions between MC and other characters. How this Chinese dude is hilarious in the novel. Etc

What happened to the demon maid instructor that secretly likes cute bears scene go? 😢

@KDDV agnes wasn't even wearing a skirt in the first place so the panty shot would be impossible

@Satanrath I think the webtoon might approach this in a different manner. Since as a fellow novel reader we know that the novel is dark. I just kinda hate this kind of storytelling where they just use flashbacks for events instead of doing foreshadowing like what the novel does. They also left out what items did he exactly bought from the VIP store as well as how his alignment actually changed

@Goldenzeal imho, it's not a bad writing for the novel. heck the one webtoon chapter barely even cover one chapter of the novel. This webtoon adaptation skipped a lot of details in the neutral zone. I'm also weirded out how they casually skipped introducing Hao WIn and Delphine properly.

Users who are viewing this thread