The Second Coming of Gluttony - Vol. 2 Ch. 47

I was so excited for S2.
But what's this.... I fully understand the need to change some scenes... but I didn't expect the personality of characters to change this drastically... (I'm talking about their personality in LN). Shouldn't Samuel be a cheery guy? and wth why is Jin so arrogant???? So cringyyyy 😭 This stage in the LN is when he was super cautious, always observant, and perceptive. The Jin here looks like someone who'd die in a week in LN paradise.

@AkodoRyu
No, the scene was relevant.
The battle where the archer died was where seol first caught hugo's attention. It's also the first time that seol saw how pragmatic the world is when they looted the corpse of their fallen comrade.

Group Leader
I think the art looks really good. The characters seem more detailed and well drawn than chapter 46. The only inconsistency is the hair color, other than that I don’t see a problem.

Oh no after reading LN I just can't read this. Seol basically feels like just another op character in this.

Looking forward to reading this story now that it got to season 2. Unlike most stories that feature protagonists becoming overpowered, this one feels more grounded. He continually works out and needs to show extreme effort for the entirety of the story(or at least as far as I got so far).

They butchered my boy Dylan!!!!
"He was a darkish man carrying a brown envelope in his hand, and he also happened to boast an enormous physique. He was taller than Hugo by another head, and his body, packed to the brim with muscles, could have come straight from an NBA player." — Chapter 49

@dinoman2000 same thoughts. The personality of Seol here is so different from LN :(( He knew he was strong but he was super cautious (and for good reason). The adaptation shows that he could put up a fight against all those guys in the pub at level 1. That's far from the truth in LN :(((

Dex-chan lover
@Mainsaro
That served a narrative purpose though. It wasn't just "yeah, we have sex because there is nothing else to do".

@VermillionOcean
I think it's unnecessary and most of it can be done within the expedition.
For example when they find bodies of people who came in before them.
It's obvious that the webtoon will skip over many smaller events and stick the most important parts somewhere else. Otherwise, it would probably take 2 or 3 chapters to get to the point story is at now (
journey to Haramark, Seol looking for work, going to Carpe Diem for the first time, getting rejected, going to the bar, and then we would probably see later part of this chapter in chapter 3
)

even if it is loaded terminology its highly suitable in this situation of ressurrecting this translation

ALL HAIL ASURA SCANS !

I agree about the personality changes but let's wait to see, maybe it was just a slip

Shouldn't they introduce how he got there better ?

I mean i thought this last scene from S1 was a teaser ...

We just know he ranked 1st and that's it. how did he enter back, where did he start of to meet them etc etc.

this feel as if it's a completly different and unreleated manga. It may as well be any "i ranked 1st in the tutorial" style of manga.

Dex-chan lover
They changed so much stuff from the novel, skipped a lot of content, that also wasnt how they met.

Also, the gods knew about the 2 sides of humans, they simply had no choice due to casuality. And martial god(the mc from memorize pwned the parasite queen so she ran here), they simply copied that.

That said, I still bet this will end with MC adding the parasite queen to his harem.

I like the new artist more than the old one but Dylan has been lightened alot. He doesn't have the "NBA" player look that the light novel describes at all.

Fed-Kun's army
The legend himself, the hero that we need but don't deserve, Breast Chuchu, has arrived

@eng1 well you can't expect much from an adapted novel to manhwa, almost every adapted one would end up like this. I also here just to check out how far it is right now since it's the start of second season, I didn't read the manhwa because of what you said too.

Users who are viewing this thread