The Second Coming of Gluttony

Yup highly recommend to read the LN, it's crazy good. Genius story planning and the english translation is great. Far better than Solo leveling for example. The webnovel doesn't really do it justice...

Really sad at the direction this is going, it was great at first and held its own against the novel but the last few chapters the quality has dropped significantly because of how many important details that have been skipped.

I guess everyone is comparing every manhwa to solo leveling. Solo leveling this Solo leveling that, it's like it's the new SAO back in the day

@me474

Rape filler? the scene in the neutral zone? Or some other? Either way, I agree it's a pretty lazy and common trope to define a "bad" guy, on the same level as the starting debt.
I'm fully caught up with the LN translation, not sure what you're referring to regarding "using a previous character as a "th_t" I think the filter caught the word?

@Prinnyfoof
nope it's a worst crime to make the novel longer the author took a previous docile good hearted waifu then reveal out of the blue after 100 chapters that she is a thot that enjoy ntr shit and rape and was groomed since she was young and she doesn't care about her family as long as she get sexual pleasure just for shit and giggle as it add nothing the story even the mc didn't gain any shit by it as she refuse his help

@Moth Yup, ever since it became mainstream. Look at Tower of god, everyone is a fan now. It's not the show or series that is bad but the fans, they're obnoxious.

Kpop fans: Did someone say BTS?
Normal People: Behind the scenes

Anyone know where this leaves off in the web novel? Id love to read this while waiting for S2

So after the end of this season I kind of thought that this is all nice and dandy... until I read the novel and all I can say is, it will be generic shit.

He remains obvious in all his relationships while trying to get every female.
Gets lucky at every corner and foremost gets lucky powerups later on, mid fight. You cant justify it with his abilities..
When the story enters the war it becomes something like: Evil guys can kill him 1000 times, but take a milllion years to do so until they get obstructed by guys that come after people almost die (they dont, since plot armor is too strong), then he gets a rediculous power up, has injuries that would kill any person (even by the standards of that story). And... he still survives, with just as rediculous justifications.
Of course he has to recover for 5 months so that is seems more dramatic.

Oh, and dont forget the patriotism and shit like how they compare rediculous training and surviving to the korean army. The character designs of other countries are bad as well.

Dont forget that most of the high rankers that come into contact with him are women.
Hell, even the villains are women, some sadomaso shit was put into the banquet to still the lust of some fetishists.
Although I found the first stage entertaining because it had a similiar concept to the movie "the experiment".

I have read until chap 191, I dont know if I will be able to read this one through the end, its better than "Martial God Asura" but it is worse than any of the novels "I Eat Tomatoes" has written until now.

If you have ever read cringy chinese wuxia novels, this will start out late, but it will become one.
If the artist doesnt change the interactions of the characters and a fair bit of the story, then this will turn out to be very bad, like 3/10 bad (there were quite a few works that were worse and it had some nice ideas, though they were overshadowed by the worse parts).
There is quite a bit of crooked logic, bad character build and plot armor.

Group Leader
@Teney It was ALREADY generic shit.
Death games
being the start of manga is overused to fuck, it isn’t creative at all and is super ordinary.

Not to mention The Experiment is
a remake of a remake which literally means it was copied generic shit

And I have yet to find a manga that is worse than Bleach’s Fullbringer Arc. Even the shittiest of shitty isekai manga are better than that arc

Contributor
Too many irrelevant changes :S
Where's my archer on the carriage in the last chapter! :(

Okay the censoreship got to go, no teddy bear, no sex in the cart (or maybe it was just head) while going to haramark they killing me...

A gentle reminder to read the LN because this adaptation absolutely butchered it.

Users who are viewing this thread