The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
I doubt the real emperor would be travelling so lightly in a world where stray necromancers are that strong. Unless the emperor had a death wish.

Contributor
It's obviously a fake, and the necromancer will soon be killed for good, she's not one of the monster lord.

Double-page supporter
@bradek:

I assume it is a mistranlation.
She probably says something like "Your Highness" or so refering to the crown prince and the translator interpreted that incorrectly because the crown prince later says "Long Live my Majesty, Emperor" which are actually his last words meant to be directed towards his father as the prince is aware of his own death being inevitable now.

Okay, that HAS to be a Jojo reference. An undead being using a yellow vehicle to crush their enemy by throwing it on top of them?

“You thought it was a hot necromancer chick, but it was I, DIO!”

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
But shes not a stray necromancer, from what it looks like she might be the most powerful necro on the planet.

Dex-chan lover
Idk... it seems to me that the Emperor and Necro-waifu are actually working together.

Dex-chan lover
@boag Why would the most powerful necromancer on the planet be personally wandering the woods and caves, digging holes in roads, ambushing stupid nobles, and all that jazz? It doesn't sound like a worthy way of spending time and effort for the ultimate expert. She's a half-assed person anyway, somehow stuck at the halfway point between flesh and lichdom.

@brokenglish
solo leveling...
thooough the necromancer part is not the only badass thing about the mc. and it's kinda upgraded to a different name class, but the badass part about having an undead army just really resembles each other

Contributor
Welp, getting to that emperor was easier than it was in Skyrim...

Necromancer uses .... genetic analysis!!!

It's super effective!

Seriously? That has to be less believable part of the story so far: genetic analysis magic :D Also, the implication that there is a genetic information library of some kind to check the result against it and that the royals genetic intel is there ... :/

Well, TBH I'm finding this subplot the less believable as it further develops. Let's recap:

- Necrogurl, apparently the strongest necromancer known, is part of assasins guild ( yay for tropes ) that receives a request to kill the Emperor's son

- Guild denies requeston the basis that it is too risky of a move and that it could imbalance the politics of the world too hard.

- Necrogurl, for, well, reasons ( they are never coherently explained ), decides to leave the Guild and fulfill the request anyway.

- Then she passes a lot of time ( it is never stated how much, but that hole should had take atleast a week or so to to make, and she had lost time to do the recon ) preparing a trap for the Emperor's son.

So, some questions:

- How do you leave a Assasins Guild alive and in possession of the request information? That is a good question because traitors to secret societies tend to not leave them alive, especially a secret society specialized in assasinations ;) , and even if they actually had her get out peacefully, they would definitely not hand her the intel of the request willingly .The only believable explanation is that Necrogurl killed them all, but that is never stated, and frankly , it is somewhat stretching believability ( assasins tend to be hard to kill, I guess :D )

-Why is she so eager to fullfill this request? That is probably the wierdest part of this all. it is suggested that she is doing this for amusement, but well, the affair was so much of a curbstomp that I really can't see her taking out much enjoyment of that . I have a very sneaky suspicion that there are other plans floating around ... who knows, maybe Necrogurl is the chief of the Necro society ;)

-Third and more important: How is this arc in ANY way fitting the rest of thev story so far? :p

Dex-chan lover
@boag Who could possibly hire the most powerful necromancer to do anything? That's just one more sign revealing she's no most powerful necromancer. It would be like marching into the adventurers' guild supreme headquarters in the capital city of the largest empire and trying to hire the president of the guild to serve as a bodyguard for a trip.

Users who are viewing this thread