The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 58

I think the reason he was saying that absorb is more useless than he thought is because he only mostly got lv1 abilities, and if the swordmanship he aquired and trained is any basis that means that he pretty much just unlocked stuff and they are weak. Although bad writing is definetly felt on the way this is being delivered.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else find the homing beacon for the armor tragically romantic? How much you wanna bet she had one that leads to his too?

@ degenerateafro @RazzyTazy

There is some gender dimorphism tendencies, but the differences are subtle and can be overlapping. The idea that all you need is basic biology and you can just look at a skeleton and tell what gender it was, is absurd. There are short men with wide hips and tall women with narrow hips and so on. Plus this is a world without much science. I doubt most people ever went to anything like a biology class.

Finally even if you could say for definite that the skeleton arouse from the bones of what was a human male, they are not the person they once were. There has been not a shred of mention of Skeleton remembering anything from when they were alive. So previous gender of the previous owner of the bones is completely irrelevant. As it is now, Skeleton has no gender.

@truepurple
Well that's true, and the "it" part comes mostly as it is used for unanimated objects (hence our knowledge with skeletons in the real world) so that's why I mostly using it, aside that to find a proper pronoun for this my best 3 ideas imho would be to actually make one that can be the most close to the original word (instead of the ones that are already mentioned since those too make a certain level of difference regardless of how close they are to agender), just use the original jp word (leave the pronunciation instead of the kanji, which tend to be really short so is also a good option) or finally just give a random name to the MC. That or as I mentioned just call the MC Skeleton Soldier).

Me

Dex-chan lover
Skelepuppy is the addition I didn't know this story needed.

He's a skeleton, of-course he's an idiot, no matter how much wisdom he gains he'll still be an idiot.

Double-page supporter
Like i said last chapter... pretty stupid idea to get that armour... ¬¬

Dex-chan lover
Doggo after receiving the cloak: "I. AM. DEATH. And cute. But mostly death".

Time skips are fucking confusing tho. And I don't mean (just) his time travelling, but the normal time skips. How fucking long had it been for the cub to be mostly bones already?

@nogenem Considering the amount of REALLY stupid shit he's done in the past, this is just slightly-not-smart, imo.
You have a point, it's a pretty conspicuous armor. But it's also really high quality, and he wants not to die. Also, he's pretty much getting away from the area where the former owner would be recognized AND he doesn't need to eat or sleep. Thinking he's safe(ish) seems pretty reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread