The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 66

Dex-chan lover
wow... i did not expect for skelly to restart
again from the cave arc where he met rena...
was the last part of this chapter still part of the story or an extra "funny" page after the season one?...

I didn't expect much when I started reading this, but I can not wait for the next season. This, Legendary moon sculptor, and Volcanic Age will be a painful wait.

Dex-chan lover
Oh good, Rena's not gonna get abandoned again this time it looks like. At this point I don't even remember what he did with her last time, but well!

XL

Dex-chan lover
Should've change the manhua's title to "Skeleton Soldier is a Time Traveling Tourist". All he did was gawk, stare, act stupid and be useless at every single important event, like a real tourist. What dungeon is he trying to protect? What happened to protecting his master, the OG necromancer? We're chapter 66 and we as a reader know next to nothing. Talk about garbage story lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari
He left her immediatly before forming a bond with her and went on adventuring.

Dex-chan lover
@XL So we're gonna ignore the first time he was training in the cave dungeon, the spider drug-ring, the nobles' tournament, and the Goblin tribe liberation? All that stuff and more? Jesus, dude, selective-bias much?

Dex-chan lover
@Blueberry_McFuckerson
Not much cherry-picking, honestly. The MC really was always a tourist. His direction and goal in the story was always incredibly vague.
It only recently became much, much worse, because not only the MC has no idea where he is going, he was also robbed of his self-agency, and was dragged around like a pet.

It felt like the author never knew what the fuck to do with the skeleton, but at least at the start of the story, the world felt it had a touch of cruelty and power to it, that the skeleton could explore, and eventually overcome. Right now, it feels more like the MC is going to gain random [[words]] and that'd magically have him resolve the plot. Meh.
EDIT: Excuse me, I suggested that the skeleton would actively solve anything...I meant that, the skeleton now gains a lot of random power (thanks to no effort of his own), and he'd be able to live longer to see more scenery.
Honestly, I don't care that the MC is a tourist -- It's good enough like that, but only as long as he is not literally being dragged around by insane and stupid crap (I am still haunted by that "google maps" bit...)

@Red225 You're not making any sense there at best grasping at nothing. No batman series has gone that long. Every series is a retelling with the same origin there is no continuity. You chose an extremely poor example. It would impossible or be hard pressed to find a novel/manga/even movie anthologies that recap so people can follow along. If a movie/novel/manga is at part/book/volume 3 anyone jumping in at that point is expected to go back revisit the previous 2 entries. Things may structured so new readers can jump in at that point so new readers can follow along but the writer isn't make a recap of previous story for them.

Aggregator gang
Well hopefully this time he actually sticks with Rena instead of abandoning her but thank god that arc is over cause it was atrocious.
All the skeleton did was stare and listen to other people.

Dex-chan lover
@boag I meant the last time he didn't abandon her, so before the previous.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari
Wasnt this whole last life divergent because he left her as soon as he could?

I guess that the age restriction could be an explanation for why the last arc was so very fucking retarded, and I kind of want to read the novel to find out what they changed. At least best waifu is back.

Double-page supporter
Thanks to him going back, the last STUPID arc didn't happen... sort of. Let's just go with that. We'll all be happier pretending that didn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread