The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 66

Double-page supporter
@twinklecake She just got murdered. The rape was prevented before it could happen... at least in this version. it probably did happen in the 15+ version.

Dex-chan lover
@Ovdose What does it matter to you what they call it? It's their way of doing things, a thing of technicality, nothing else, it won't affect the outcome you are reading. If the authors are preplanning these breaks and manage to stick to the plans, it's far better than sudden, unpredictable breaks (like Berserk's author does, for example).

Dex-chan lover
now that hes acid resistant he can take down the slime director and stay with her!, YEs! she's honestly my favorite so far

Good job. Now do your job of protecting correctly now, please?
Hopefully this time...

Contributor
Good to hear that they increase the rate and maturity of the story, please a large audience mean more censorship and restriction of artistic freedom. Approve 15+. <3

Dex-chan lover
I'm against censorship so this is great news to me, as always tanks for the food

@Kaarme Sudden unpredictable breaks? I take it you haven't been reading berserk for long, probably two years, maybe 5 years tops. Breaks are a given it's the chapter releases that are sudden and unpredictable.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
Yes, it's mostly me being annoyed by them calling them seasons. It makes the webtoons feel more like some industrial product than a story the author wants to tell us.
Another problem (for me) is that sometimes the start of another 'season' is treated as the entire story starting all over again - as if there are lots of new readers who would rather choose to start here than read the earlier 'seasons' to find out what is going on - and it hurts the progression of the story for those who did read through the earlier 'seasons' of the story. This bothers me the most when I'm binge reading a work that had already been going on for multiple 'seasons' before I picked it up.

But this is just my personal opinion. I dislike labeling the story arcs as seasons and I wish it would stop but I also know I can't change the ways the Korean industry does it.

Dex-chan lover
@Ovdose plenty of stories, including japanese manga, have arcs where the story so far is summed at the start of an arc. It may be jarring for older readers, but any ongoing story needs to have some sort of entry point for NEW people to start reading if they pick it up in the middle of a story. While this is less true for webtoons, manga is often published in physical booklets and so if people can't pick it up and have SOME way of knowing what is going on they just won't read this story where they don't know what the heck is going on.

"Now I can finally protect them all"
>dies
I'm fucking calling it now.

@Ovdose

It is the way it is because webtoons work on a gladiator system. At the end of the season the publisher drops titles they determine are underperforming. Authors of newer stories or those who don't have a guarantee that they be picked up for the following season are obviously aware of this considerate enough to wrap things up so that the readers aren't perpetually left falling off the side of a sheer cliff.

@Red225 no. Who in their right mind starts reading in the middle of something? The recaps are there as a refresher to get everyone back up to speed from a break so they don't have to go back a skim the previous to remember where they left off. It's simply a "last time on DBZ"

Fed-Kun's army
Does that mean we will finally get to see skeleton titties?

Dex-chan lover
@zatarot are you really going to go back and read some obscure comic book character's 20 years past backstory to "read from the beginning"? If you didn't know anything about Batman, would you go pull up comic books from the 1960s? Or would you want to get a gist of who these people are and what they are doing so you can follow the story with the book you have?

Everyone knows batman already, so you can just hop into a batman story just fine. But longer running shows people may not be able to get their hands on older issues, and therefore can't read up on it.

Thus, recaps at the start of story arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread