The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 136

Translation might have erased some subtlety, but to me it looked like Rubia said she was willing to suffer just so Isaac wouldn't have to kill her. Maybe also because of her promise to Skelly. She was clearly not being honest with herself, but he saw right through her and did what she really wanted. She wouldn't have thanked him otherwise.

It's interesting how the author ingrained so much sympathy in us readers for an undead skeleton.

Dex-chan lover
When you've seen read what torture and whatnot can do to people, you'd wish that they died then and there too.

Dex-chan lover
Me to the author every time this happens:
giphy.gif

@Solumbrare How did did you miss? "Rubia is being held in the tower blah, blah" ... "You need to become stronger by killing lots of people blah, blah" ...."Forming a contract with a demon will come in handy when saving rubia from the tower" [...and I'm not gonna tell you that I killed Rubia two years ago and you wasted all this time and effort for my own selfish reason and when you find out it's all water under the bridge..pal]

Aggregator gang
Well what Isaac did wasnt really wrong with killing Rubia so she wouldnt be tortured and she even asked him to kill her before that happens. He obviously went to far, because he didnt know about the reset and went the logical route to be able to annhilate them all by gathering strength..

On the other hand you can understand why Skelly is upset after following Isaac for 2 years and getting told a lie to follow his bidding. Isaac also seemed sad how it all turned out and understood why he is pissed and left quietly.

Personally think Isaac is still close and will in some way aid him later. I really liked the 2 as companions and it would be sad to lose Issac.

TBH I was expecting some crow stew in this chapter. But yeah, Isaac lives another day ... I still wonder what is his real objective in going to the Imperial capital, though: he is clearly set in getting something out of the Imperial treasury and it doesn't look to be the glowing liquid. I wonder what it could be ...

But in the end, and as always, Skellebro couldn't protect anyone :p

Ngl, MC's attitude is not tolerable. I get where his anger's coming from but is it really worth to lose your mind over when you've received a lot of benefits and can restart from the beginning and recover the lost?

Aggregator gang
Another failure to protect someone. He is cursed by title i tell you 😅
I hope he gets a retry with her.

Fed-Kun's army
Poor skele. Wish skele wouldve reigned himself in but trusing Isaac Is impossible now despite him making a very difficult call when he did. Maybe he should head back too the necromancer route and earn her trust. My guess was they'd storm the city and someone powerfull would show up, was wrong again. Next guess Is he storms the mages tower but something comes up there. Wish I could remember all his abilities/perks at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread