The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 139

Some people would think Isaac sacrificed himself so that when Mr Skelly reincarnates he would treat next life Isaac better. But for me, I think that Isaac acknowledged Mr Skelly as his friend and that Isaac never had a friend for over 200 - 300 years so Mr Skelly being his first friend after so long may have made Isaac attracted to him in a way since Isaac told him the 'next' time they meet, they should be more honest with each other.

I am literally crying, I'm a million times more upset about Issac then anyone else in this entire series.
Go back in time! Now!

For those who didn't get it: Issac knows that our MC will restart time later, so dying now would just power up the MC for the next recursion loop. He isn't dead in the same way that apostle's blood disappears, he will still be there on the next loop, and he knows it. He is just exploiting the system for the MC.

After hearing the 'restarts', Isaac probably took a calculated risk. After all, if Skeleton dies, Isaac goes back into his prison again and the skeleton might decide not to trust him after everything that happened.

With him sacrificing himself, that gained the skeleton's trust and possibility of him releasing him again at the next restart. Because no matter what, Skeleton was gonna either die or kill himself to restart.

How are people confused by this story or calling Isaac a “bro”? I literally predicted exactly what would happen... Isaac isn’t being a bro, he’s reversing the damage he did to Skelly’s trust. He even threw in the “let’s be more honest with each other next time” line so Skelly will tell the next iteration of himself everything that happened. This is nothing more than a calculated gambit by Isaac, as usual.

@rrolo1 Malphas should have been able to watch this happen, right? So in my mind Malphas won't be mad as Isaac forced it to happen.

After hearing the 'restarts', Isaac probably took a calculated risk. After all, if Skeleton dies, Isaac goes back into his prison again and the skeleton might decide not to trust him after everything that happened.

With him sacrificing himself, that gained the skeleton's trust and possibility of him releasing him again at the next restart. Because no matter what, Skeleton was gonna either die or kill himself to restart.
There's also that skelly knew things ahead of time. He had Isaac's engravings without even having met him, he knew what happened to his descendants before even having gone to the area. There may also be times he glimpsed skelly's conversations with him in an alternate present. Hearing of restarts was the key to unravel all of the mysteries in those memories.

@BoboZura right? I think it's both... Sure, he's being manipulative on some level and isn't "really" giving up his goals, but he's also being friendly and genuinely looking out for/being an ally to Skelly on some level. I think it doesn't have to be one or the other, since many of their goals aren't incompatible...

Also, it takes a lot of self-confidence to sacrifice yourself based on your guess that your friend can rewind time. Gotta admire that ^^

Fed-Kun's army
@destiny510
What you say is true but he also IS trusting Skelly here. His actions are partially for himself but he also didn't need to take this action, he's already free and him being with Skelly is part because of his curiosity and part because they've kind of become friends.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, he realized MC can go back in time after death, so by sacrificing himself here he can get brownie points for next life.

Though he shoukd have let the mc kill the 2 tower masters as well, hope MC doesnt forget to absorb them all.

Double-page supporter
Dont try to rewrite Berzerk come on

Anyways, i wonder what kind of trap Isaac has laid there. Here's a guess. He wants to leave a good impression on our MC so that, when he respawns (for w/e reason), he'll be more trusting and thus will easily be manipulated by Isaac.
That's just a guess, but I dont think it's too dumb.
Otherwise, well I guess he just wants to make him even stronger faster, for next time too. He knows he still wont be a threat to him anyway.

@destiny510 Let's be honest tho, skelly would have failed to save the waifu either way, Isaac did the right think by putting her to rest. Skelly should have realized he would fail but he's stupid so he started blaming Isaac as soon as he revealed he killed her, but after learning about restarts Isaac sacrificed himself so that Skelly could achieve greater heights and he did this without knowing if Skelly will help him when he goes back in time or not. There's also the fact that Isaac's the one who finally made Skelly strong after all this time and multiple times at that starting with the circuit, why is it wrong for him to be selfish? Sure he does anything he can to survive, but he didn't kill lydia because he "felt threatened", he did it because he judged it would be better than having her disected and at the same time skelly killing himself there to "save" her. I mean, he didn't even stand a chance against 2 tower masters outside* the towers, it would probably take a hundred years for him to be powerful enough and I don't think he's got all that time to play around. When skelly met Isaac he tried to take over skelly's body, but does that makes Isaac a bad guy? Not really. I see Isaac in various shades of grey, and he's actually smart about how he does things, unlike skelly who goes around trying to muscle his way through.

Again, being spoonfed and led around by characters. As always, shitty writing.

But still, Isaac best girl. His calculating character is still refreshing on itself.

Users who are viewing this thread